YKS/SN Mook Yan Jong

Yuehan

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new around here and decided to start with a quick question. Does anyone have any good source (video or similar) for Yuen Kay San ( Sum Nung) wooden dummy form. I'm fascinated by that lineage and want to learn more about it. I've got a pretty good glimpse of the forms and san sik but a good demonstration of the dummy form still eludes me. Thanks in advance. Sorry if my english is out of place or something :D, not exactly my native language.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Can't help you with the YKS video. But welcome to the forum ...and BTW your English seems fine. So... what is your native language and where are you from? And, do you already train martial arts?

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score

Like you, I'm also interested in YKS Wing Chun.....

Heck, I'm interested in pretty much anything that has to do with WC.
Your English seems good to me, but what do I know, I'm American:)

OP
Yuehan

Yuehan

White Belt
Reaction score
Can't help you with the YKS video. But welcome to the forum ...and BTW your English seems fine. So... what is your native language and where are you from? And, do you already train martial arts?
Thanks for the warm welcome :), I'm from Serbia, my english may not be that bad but sometimes weird mistakes get through so it can be funny at times :D . I trained in W.Cheung's line of WC for 5 years, I still train WC but now I'm more open to other variations of the art as well :) .

Like you, I'm also interested in YKS Wing Chun.....

Heck, I'm interested in pretty much anything that has to do with WC.
Your English seems good to me, but what do I know, I'm American:)
Heh :), pretty much the same here :). About the video, yea it's not a bad recording and certainly a good demo but it can get blurry at times, especially if you try to slow down the video...It's my go to video for the dummy form at the moment, but I wondered if there might be a better one. Searching the net, I found better quality videos but I kinda didn't like the demos themselves..

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
We used to have a forum member "Zuti Car" (Yellow Emperor?) who was a Serb and had been a TWC student. Zuti has moved on, but it's great that we still have representation from your part of the world!

OP
Yuehan

Yuehan

White Belt
Reaction score
We used to have a forum member "Zuti Car" (Yellow Emperor?) who was a Serb and had been a TWC student. Zuti has moved on, but it's great that we still have representation from your part of the world!
Ah yes i remember him, although I haven't met him or personally know him I do remember seeing him on the forums.

Welcome back Zuti!
:D..Dunno if you have mistaken me for him or something else o_O :D (a joke perhaps :D ?)

Nobody Important

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Ah yes i remember him, although I haven't met him or personally know him I do remember seeing him on the forums.

:D..Dunno if you have mistaken me for him or something else o_O :D (a joke perhaps :D ?)
Sure, must be a mistake. If you run into him tell him I said hello. Welcome to the forum.

wingerjim

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Enjoy
Thank you Noldea, those were great. I have only recently heard of doing the air dummy form and after watching this video I know what they mean. Not sure I would want to add it to my study, but interesting none the less.

OP
Yuehan

Yuehan

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Enjoy
Yup, thanks for the post :), I'm familiar with these as well. On a side note, If you try and slow down the last video(maybe the youtube speed function will work nicely,although not sure of the quality then) you will notice how unclear some of the moves are (to me at least), in a sense of - what is he trying to accomplish with them, or, that only he knows what they are/mean.Maybe more so when you try and compare it with the other demos, for example,the one yak sao posted. A shame, cause its a nice close up video of the dummy form...

Last edited:

Yuen Kay Jun

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new around here and decided to start with a quick question. Does anyone have any good source (video or similar) for Yuen Kay San ( Sum Nung) wooden dummy form. I'm fascinated by that lineage and want to learn more about it. I've got a pretty good glimpse of the forms and san sik but a good demonstration of the dummy form still eludes me. Thanks in advance. Sorry if my english is out of place or something :D, not exactly my native language.

Those videos aren't bad. But very hard to dissect the actual movements and definitely wouldn't be able to extract the details. I study and teach YKS so that's my two cents.

Yuen Kay Jun

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
that one was a little more clear Yuehan. very loose in the execution and jing. meaning, done half-heartedly or loosely. only showed about 1/4 to 1/3 of the total form though. I would like to believe that the reason for the lack of crisp technique and execution were due to the public view it would have - but of course I'm trying to be optimistic.... overall GROSS movements were visible, but Not defined for effectiveness. This is NOT how we execute our dummy form in essence though.