Would you "YouTube"?

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was searching around YouTube this afternoon and found some rather...ermm...uhh...interesting stuff on there and it made me begin to wonder why on eart people post some of the stuff they do?

I just wouldn't post anything of myself on YouTube. It just isn't in my nature to do so. Would you? And if you would, why do you do it.

Now there are some good videos regarding Martial Arts, etc that could be great training tools but for every good video there seems to be a lot of well...crap! and it gets hard to wade through it all and find that good stuff.

So, would you YouTube you MA stuff? Would you YouTube anything?

kuntawguro

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have , and I will continue to use youtube as it makes it easy to pass video to my various students here and abroad

Last edited by a moderator:

jdinca

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I put my performance of a mantis form from last summer on YouTube a few weeks ago. It was the first time I've done it. I would definitely make sure I was happy with what I was putting on there before I uploaded it.

I'm surprised at the laundry people will air in public. Sometimes makes you wonder about the long term viability of the human race...

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was searching around YouTube this afternoon and found some rather...ermm...uhh...interesting stuff on there and it made me begin to wonder why on eart people post some of the stuff they do?

I just wouldn't post anything of myself on YouTube. It just isn't in my nature to do so. Would you? And if you would, why do you do it.

Now there are some good videos regarding Martial Arts, etc that could be great training tools but for every good video there seems to be a lot of well...crap! and it gets hard to wade through it all and find that good stuff.

I agree. With the exception of Martial Arts and sports stuff I've gotten really tired of looking at most of the stuff people put out there.

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would youtube. I would youtube naked. I would youtube naked, and chicks would dig it.

In fact, I'm gonna youtube my Buffalo Bill impersonation, and post it in this thread. Then you'll see.

D.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would youtube. I would youtube naked. I would youtube naked, and chicks would dig it.

In fact, I'm gonna youtube my Buffalo Bill impersonation, and post it in this thread. Then you'll see.

D.

Sweet! I'm waiting ;)

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have , and I will continue to use youtube as it makes it easy to pass video to my various students here and abroad

An excellent point about the practical useage of the Tube for something - also, love the chipmunk vid (I know that I'm an Englishman and therefore supposed to suppress my emotions but that little chap is CUTE :D).

Last edited by a moderator:

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've seen very little on YouTube that was actually worth the bandwidth.

As with any medium of information exchange there's a very high dross/gold ratio but it's exacerbated by YouTube because it requires little effort to make a video of yourself and post it up (unlike say, what it takes to write a book).

The fact that it's hard to 'index' anything you find on it is also a major irritation, to the extent that I'm looking for some decent 'interceptor' software so I can capture the streams and archive them off.

Anyhow, that's by the by. Would I put anything up there? Like Jdinca said, if I did I would make darned sure it was something I could be proud of. At the moment, I don't consider what I do to be good enough for public viewing ... maybe in another ten years or so :lol:.

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

D.

:lol2:

Would you YouTube with a goat?
Would you YouTube in a boat?
Would you YouTube here or there?
Would you YouTube Everywhere? :erg:

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
:lol2:

Would you YouTube with a goat?
Would you YouTube in a boat?
Would you YouTube here or there?
Would you YouTube Everywhere? :erg:

Now that thur is funny! :rofl:

I would youtube and have and I think it is a good way like Kuntawguro to get a message out to students and friends. Though I would be very careful about what I am putting out there.
icon6.gif

The internet and the ability to see martial arts being demonstrated has truly changed in the last few years. I remember looking for info on Katori Shinto Ryu about seven or eight years ago and their was nothing. Now there are lots of videos and also good info out there.

bookworm_cn317

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

Yeah, probably. I just need a digi-cam first, though.

Skip Cooper

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I get a kick out of all the bad MA that is on youtube. I specifically look for the bad videos and post it on myspace for my friends to enjoy. I seem to be the only one with the time to do this.

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Like most things in life... YT needs to be taken with a grain (if not a whole bag) of salt...

YT does have it's uses... like Kuntawguro said... for reaching out to other people through the net (in his case a target audience of his students, etc)...

Yes, if I had the ability to (currently need a converter box for my older VHS camera with RCA's) I would post myself... for the sole purpose of letting those in the know critique me... and offer suggestions...

It's my belief that video can and will help in MA training... IF it's used properly. The basics can be taught (and are) in videos... and I believe a student can be critiqued on BASICS by video...

The reason that I say BASICS... is that the nuances of a technique... or the "extensions" of a techniques as a student progresses... can really only be felt (IMHO)...

And, until I finish perfecting my holo-deck... that's all we can do! :mst:

Would I YT with a bear?
Would I YT in a chair?
Would I YT in the Hood?
Would I YT? Why, YES! I would! :uhyeah:

Peace be with you & Amituofo!

You Brother in the arts,

Andrew

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
One could Youtube yourself doing MA correctly and then use the others as examples to your students of what NOT to do! :D

Kembudo Kai if your Buffalo Bill impersonation is one of nakedness... I think I'll pass on it.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey Terry next time I am down your way I can show you how
to work it. It only takes a little bit tinkering.

Brian it took me two year to learn how to get on the internet, so I'm sure it will take you longer then a weekend with me.

Latest Discussions