Would you hit a woman who was unarmed?

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Ok we're talking about women on here but still...how much time do you have on the streets to figure out the scientific answer?
I'm thinking some of you've never been in any Situation that's dangerous otherwise you wouldn't write about scientific data. A normal day in London...

Cynik75

Purple Belt
Reaction score
my experiences & so better than statistics in the internet.
My personal experience is different. Let me count... I was in 4 altercations with women (once with group of 5 or 6) and all of them were without any kind of weapon. I was in more than 50 street fights with men and more than half of them were armed with bats, bottles, chains, knuckledusters, belts or nighticks (but once police officer smashed my nose with bare hand :)).
I was an punk rocker/ sharp skinhead/ antiifa guy in '90 in Poland.

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
My personal experience is different. Let me count... I was in 4 altercations with women (once with group of 5 or 6) and all of them were without any kind of weapon. I was in more than 50 street fights with men and more than half of them were armed with bats, bottles, chains, knuckledusters, belts or nighticks (but once police officer smashed my nose with bare hand :)).
I was an punk rocker/ sharp skinhead/ antiifa guy in '90 in Poland.
Nastrovje!
It's the Vodka 😃
Check out this guy. He's a champ..never spilt a drop 🤣🤣

Last edited:

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
But on a serious note..drunk women are insane. They change from being a quite little mouse into a "raging tiger"

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok we're talking about women on here but still...how much time do you have on the streets to figure out the scientific answer?
I'm thinking some of you've never been in any Situation that's dangerous otherwise you wouldn't write about scientific data. A normal day in London...
I think you entirely misunderstand how data should be used. You don't stop in the moment and analyze some stats to figure out your next move (which is the strawman you present in this and another post).

You use the data to determine what your training should look like, and what habits to work on building. Relying on personal experience only for that means you are never prepared for anything you haven't yet experienced.

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
You use the data to determine what your training should look like, and what habits to work on building. Relying on personal experience only for that means you are never prepared for anything you haven't yet experienced.
OK Gerry can you now tell me what will happen in your next street fight? will you know what to prepare for?
To quote an expression used in the British army , "always expect the unexpected"
personal experienes teach you how to overcome a situation. If i punch you on the nose will you let me do it again? no you´ll have the experience of pain & so you will move your *** & defend yourself.
all this theory is fine but real life action is better.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK Gerry can you now tell me what will happen in your next street fight? will you know what to prepare for?
To quote an expression used in the British army , "always expect the unexpected"
personal experienes teach you how to overcome a situation. If i punch you on the nose will you let me do it again? no you´ll have the experience of pain & so you will move your *** & defend yourself.
all this theory is fine but real life action is better.
Again, you're presenting a strawman. Nobody has claimed you can guess what will happen in the next fight. But you can find out to some extent what is likely in general, and what is not.

As for the unexpected, that's basic problem solving in your trainng. And if you don't expect it, it's not predicted by your personal experience, either, is it?

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Again, you're presenting a strawman. Nobody has claimed you can guess what will happen in the next fight. But you can find out to some extent what is likely in general, and what is not.

As for the unexpected, that's basic problem solving in your trainng. And if you don't expect it, it's not predicted by your personal experience, either, is it?
OK Gerry how many real fights have you had in your life? not talking bally dancing in a dojo but a serious punch up outside. I am willing to bet zero. I am not being insulting before you jump on your mod button but it´s my opinion. I can pretty much tell by peoples posts if they know or not.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK Gerry how many real fights have you had in your life? not talking bally dancing in a dojo but a serious punch up outside. I am willing to bet zero. I am not being insulting before you jump on your mod button but it´s my opinion. I can pretty much tell by peoples posts if they know or not.
Think what you like.

I've managed to avoid most of them in my adult life, even when working the door at a bar and security at a courthouse. I didn't avoid so well in my teens.

EDIT: I'll also point out you're now trying to make this about my experience, rather than ther topic. The point you're arguing against was brought up by someone with far more "real life" experience than I'll ever have. And you dismissed it from him, too.

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Think what you like.
I will & do but please don´t throw your teddy in the corner.
I served 9 years in the army & 7 years armed security for the army . I am not some Geek who sits playing games Gerry. I´ve never said i know better but from my experiences i disagree with your theory stuff. you put too much weight on it.

OLD DOG NEW TRICKS

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Wow, tough question. I would try my best to walk away fast. If I couldn't walk I would deflect her strikes without striking her if possible. If she was on me like a monkey on a cupcake I would use a wrist lock or similar hold to stop her until I could walk away fast. The circumstances are such it is impossible to predict. Walk away fast is my best answer, before you have witnesses. 😆

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
No you can't.

Which is the point of personal experience.

Latest Discussions