Would Martial Arts created by women fundamentally be better than those created by men?

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah, and the gibbon does not live in the region. It is a tropical and subtropical rainforest fellow, not the cold Tibetan high plateau. They are also not very big, and not very functional on the ground. But they kick *** in the trees.

TheTibetan macaque can weigh over forty pounds. That is a big, powerful monkey.
Gibbon is the fastest moving animal in their canopy. They can really move when brachiating, upwards of 30 KPH. They are quite a bit different in shape and composition than macaques. Both can be dangerous but I put the macaques in front for boldness and aggression. Gibbon usually live in pairs but macaques have a tribe to rely on for backup.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, and the gibbon does not live in the region. It is a tropical and subtropical rainforest fellow, not the cold Tibetan high plateau. They are also not very big, and not very functional on the ground. But they kick *** in the trees.

TheTibetan macaque can weigh over forty pounds. That is a big, powerful monkey.
Yeah they're definitely not up on the plateau (hardly anything there), but I thought I saw where they were in the Tibetan lowlands / Sichuan border area. I could off really easy.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah they're definitely not up on the plateau (hardly anything there), but I thought I saw where they were in the Tibetan lowlands / Sichuan border area. I could off really easy.
Truth be told, the range of the black necked crane does overlap with several monkey species so there are some other options along with the Tibetan macaque. I think it’s difficult to thoroughly explore all the possibilities. I feel the Tibetan macaque is the most likely, but it could be others. I do not believe the cranes’ range overlaps with the gibbons’ however.

Yanli

Green Belt
Reaction score
The only martial art I know of that originated from a woman is Wing Chun, according to a documentary by the History Channel I watched a while ago.
But I have been thinking during my hiatus from posting here. Would martial arts founded by women be more efficient for their intended purpose due to women not being able to rely on physical strength as much as men can?
By this, I mean that, biologically, men have sturdier frames and bigger physical prowess. Therefore, in order to be able to overcome this in a fight, logically (as shown by almost every martial style out there) technique steps in. But when you dissect the theory behind Wing Chun, the technique and knowledge and science present within it far outweighs that of any other styles that I am aware of. What are your thoughts on this?
Can you think of any martial arts that are more technical than Wing Chun?

Of course, I know many people call Wing Chun into question as it might not be applicable - but is this an inherent problem in the wushu style itself, or the in way in which it is taught?
How anything is taught is always a question lol. Ok, if we look at Wing Chun in a logical manner, here is a form that was designed for woman and old people that are weak. If a woman or weak person is capable of defeating a stronger and more fit person, then think of what this could do for a younger and fit person. As a Wing Chun instructor and old person lol, I will say that people have been getting the wrong perspective of Wing Chun because of why it was designed. As far as Wushu, many people have the wrong perspective of that form as well, traditional Wushu is a very deadly form as many other forms, but it also is a good additive to any form as ballet is to football. Wushu can help add smoothness and grace to your movements, which in turn can add power to your movement.

Yanli

Green Belt
Reaction score
My statement was if the creator would be a female it would be using their body as the template, so it wont be optimised for males, or even people not in their sort of dimensions and physical capability range. Correction, thats a clarification of what i meant to write if it wasnt clear.

Second point, i meant in social violence and western countries. It is pretty factual that in a lot of countries it is taboo for a male to hit a female. To militant ends they wont even defend themselves against a predatory attack.

Exeptions exist though like i said.
I can tell you for a fact, Wing Chun made of been designed by a woman for woman and old weak people, but that does not mean it can not be done by men, In fact, I do not think that there is any MA forms that can not be done by both sexes.

Latest Discussions