Women in Wing Chun

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I think too aggressive is good. What is Muay Thai and Karate. But extremely aggressive.

You want Aggressive. Whats wrong with aggressive?

I never heard someone say it was too aggressive I wonder why someone would object to that?

Oh man, they either say it's to passive, or they say it's too aggressive. Can't seem to win either way.
They've always got excueses why they won't take it. Their just not interested in it out here in Texas. Too much flavor for TKD, MMA, JKD and BJJ. Any other alternative art has a hard time out here, whatever the art. Phillipino, Aikido, etc... Just not the status quo.
Will have to change that, or just be happy to stick to WC/WT tradition and just have a few students.

OP
Si-Je

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't know. That's why I started this thread, to try to figure it all out. lol!
They either want more deflection and defensive motions because they don't want to hurt. Or the style seems too soft compared to harder styles.
Perception, perception. We are all slaves to our perceptions. And equal slaves to other people's perceptions. So, my perception of their perception makes me a slave to their perception of what their perceiving about the art. Even worse, I don't understand what their perception IS! LOL!

I think too aggressive is good. What is Muay Thai and Karate. But extremely aggressive.

You want Aggressive. Whats wrong with aggressive?

I never heard someone say it was too aggressive I wonder why someone would object to that?

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Wing Chun is an aggressive art that uses deflections to hit and hurt. It uses deflections but only for attacks. You deflect your opponents attacks or blocks to create an opening.

For instance you punch and the guys blocks your punch. You then use sinking hand to make an opeing while hitting with the other hand and followed with your jum sau hand to attack. So you give him a one two punch after the jum sau.

But people will gravitate to it in its pure form. You can not repackage it two ways to serve to two different type of people. If they want a soft side martial art they can do Tai Chi or Taebo. If they want aggression they can do WC, MT or Karate!

I don't know. That's why I started this thread, to try to figure it all out. lol!
They either want more deflection and defensive motions because they don't want to hurt. Or the style seems too soft compared to harder styles.
Perception, perception. We are all slaves to our perceptions. And equal slaves to other people's perceptions. So, my perception of their perception makes me a slave to their perception of what their perceiving about the art. Even worse, I don't understand what their perception IS! LOL!

Latest Discussions