...worth a look...

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
To me they all look like demos and all are a type of Karate style?:idunno:

Maybe he is trying to say that he wants to create a style similar to this?:idunno:

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Why speculate at all if he isn't coming back with further information to answer the questions posted to him?

OP
fenglong

fenglong

Green Belt
Reaction score
I thought the videos were good, the onese I viewed anyway, but like Chris said, is there somethign specific you wanted us to look at or did you simply see what you thought was some quality training and want to put them in the spotlight for a bit. If that's the case, that's fine, just be a little more clear in the future. :)

Oh and I don't think this guy realy needs to banned just yet. We've had a few trolls lately and we shouldn't let that color our perceptions of everybody who might not understand how things work around here yet.

If that were the case, I woulda been banned years ago!

Right.
I recently came across some interesting videos of certain MAs I thought may be worth sharing with others.
If nothing else, I hope they are at least as interesting to some others as they are to me, I won't spoon-feed it to anyone though.

I decided to seperate them all because I don't know when I was going to add a new one, and I don't want them bunched up in unrelated ways.

Also I won't reply to people who surge ahead without thinking a little first, or people who only intend to troll.

Thanks @tshadowchaser

Thanks @Bob Hubbard
Makes it more convenient to check them out.

Rayban

Green Belt
Reaction score
Right.
I recently came across some interesting videos of certain MAs I thought may be worth sharing with others.
If nothing else, I hope they are at least as interesting to some others as they are to me, I won't spoon-feed it to anyone though.

I decided to seperate them all because I don't know when I was going to add a new one, and I don't want them bunched up in unrelated ways.

Could you maybe explain why you like them so much? I have my own opinions but you should really explain why you like something when posting it in order to generate discussion. If nothing else it just looks like random posting if you don't.

Also I won't reply to people who surge ahead without thinking a little first, or people who only intend to troll.

Not too sure what you mean here but surging ahead. Discussing with out your input maybe?

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score
@Fenglong,

I would very much like to hear what your thoughts are on each individual video. Many members have been around the arts for a long time and have seen alot of these types of videos before. Most people here post vids with something specific about them to discuss about them.

For example, I might post a kenjutsu video to ask if the sword arts guys think the person in the vid is gripping his sword correctly. Or maybe I post a video of Ashida Kim because it is always amusing to discuss what goofy things he puts on youtube.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
@fenglong:

I'm glad you came back.

As I said, the clips are cool and would like to read and perhaps participate in some *discussion* about them. It's a discussion board, ya know. ;-)

Most particularly, I'd like to hear what YOU think about them, especially since you're developing your own system and I like to hear people explain their thoughts on theory and basis.

Thanks.

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
Interesting videos. I was definitely surprised by some of them as I had preconceived notions about what they may do.

OP
fenglong

fenglong

Green Belt
Reaction score
Interesting videos. I was definitely surprised by some of them as I had preconceived notions about what they may do.

That is pretty much all I intended with these videos.
I'd like to try them and see how they actually effect you.
I only tried Taekgyeon, it is one of my most favorite MAs but the dancing part is just not for me, hehe.
As for Taido, it does remind of monkey style Kungfu, doesn't it?

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That is pretty much all I intended with these videos.
I'd like to try them and see how they actually effect you.

Well, I'm guessing that a forum full of martial artists likely finds its members looking at a large volume of martial arts footage. Effect? Ummm ... I dunno. Entertained, I guess.

fenglong said:
I only tried Taekgyeon, it is one of my most favorite MAs but the dancing part is just not for me, hehe.

I found a few different videos for Taekkyon. It looks like soft-style kung fu or T'ai Chi Chuan (the defensive art) and I was a little surprised - the link you provided reminded me of Capoiera. Kinda neat but I feel ya about the dancing.

fenglong said:
As for Taido, it does remind of monkey style Kungfu, doesn't it?

Not really - the video you posted reminded me of a gymnastics class with some spin kicks, aerials and nak bop.

This reminds me of monkey style. :)

[yt]kkbm-H1w4mE[/yt]

In keeping with my curiosity about your intentions in your art creation, I am wondering if you are inspired by any of the videos you posted? I was going to go one by one on the vids and give a comment, but I didn't want to be rude - you posted them, it seems you find them interesting ... and I for one would like to know what about them you find interesting.

:)

Thanks.