Wong Shun Leung & Tan Sau

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFJ

Senior Master
Reaction score
Pic: You guys should really stop guessing about what's on a picture and why, and go learn from these people or those who've studied with them to find out what they teach.

Video: Not even WSLVT... Doesn't matter.

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
oops...my bad...it popped up on a search of wsl ving tsun.

guy b.

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yep. That's the response I expected! And you call me a coward???? :rolleyes:

Watching you doing some hard sparring with your WSLVT isn't going to reveal any deep dark secrets to anyone.

On the contrary, it would reveal what WSL VT looks like in use. I have to wish to reveal this information to people who wish to cause harm to WSL VT or to people who are dishonest, disingenuous or untruthful.

But it may help prove that you might know what you are talking about. You are the one that keeps telling people things won't work in sparring and accusing others of not sparring with their stuff.

I don't mind if you think I know what I am talking about or not. Any posts I make containing information are intended for those who are honestly curious about WSL VT

No one is expected to put up videos of themselves. But the guy that keeps harping on testing things in sparring should be the first one willing to put up videos of himself showing that he can what he says

Take it or leave it, up to you

If he isn't willing to do that, then he needs to stop telling everyone else that their Wing Chun doesn't work. That only seems fair to me.

You are responsible for what you write on the forum and I am responsible for what I write. You are not responsible for what I write.

But that is the response I expected from you. All talk and no do. And throw out all kinds of excuses why. Pretty typical. :cool:

I don't wish to give information to you because you are not an honest person. Sorry. This is only my opinion of you as an individual and doesn't apply to other people

LFJ

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not likely DP students. Not sure of their lineage, but it doesn't look much like pure WSLVT to me. There are some in Eastern Europe who go to seminars or to learn privately then go back and incorporate a bit into what they already do which creates a strange looking style.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
DP seminar stuff.

Taan-sau to round punch doesn't work.
This ^^^^
I agree... for me.
On a straight punch when on the inside Tan can work well (or on the outside also) but in my case on a powerful curving punch I wouldn't use Tan. I've been hit too many times by power punchers in that scenario. Not for me.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I don't understand what you mean. Are you saying these guys are also DP seminar students?

wckf92: Both LFJ and Guy B have made their position on Tan-da abundantly clear. Whatever other groups may show, including some WSL groups, or even old videos and pictures of WSL himself, they do not apply tan-da literally in their WSL VT. And certainly not for stepping into round punches! I believe LFJ has explained about a zillion times that, in his VT (PB branch of WSL VT), tan sau is interpreted more abstractly and serves to train proper elbow position for a more efficient response that does not depend upon using both arms to counter one.

Maybe this will help? Here's what a quick google search brought up for "abstract":
Google

Now others may not agree, but I believe these guys are being honest in describing what they do. I may do things differently myself. But I'm not going to argue endlessly about their system about which I am ignorant. If I get the chance to meet one of them, maybe they can show me what they do and clear up the issue.

Like I said before... time to move on :cool:.

dudewingchun

Blue Belt
Reaction score
You can come and spar if you like

I would if you lived near me. Why cant you put a video of you sparring , kind of goes against everything you have been saying. Just cover your face or something to keep your privacy.
Oh or do you just not want us to see how proper WSLVT looks like. I just want to see someone use wing chun good in sparring.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Just a thought to share with everybody before I have to sign off. What ever happened to listening to other's opinions, and agreeing or disagreeing, discussing, debating, and then just accepting that others have their own ideas? ...and, you know, THAT'S OK! :cool:

Sorry guys. Maybe my inner hippie just wants a group hug. See y'all later.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just a thought to share with everybody before I have to sign off. What ever happened to listening to other's opinions, and agreeing or disagreeing, discussing, debating, and then just accepting that others have their own ideas? ...and, you know, THAT'S OK! :cool:

Sorry guys. Maybe my inner hippie just wants a group hug. See y'all later.

Unfortunately one of two things happen geezer.
1. Argument is wanted.
2. One of the parties is unwilling to accept the opinions of another and is driven to prove that opinion is incorrect.

I can agree to disagree and accept others have differing opinions often because of different perspectives and experiences. That is their truth. Great. It certainly is hard to hold a discussion with those who won't accept that I have a different experience. I am simply wrong or misguided.

guy b.

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
wckf92: Both LFJ and Guy B have made their position on Tan-da abundantly clear. Whatever other groups may show, including some WSL groups, or even old videos and pictures of WSL himself, they do not apply tan-da literally in their WSL VT. And certainly not for stepping into round punches! I believe LFJ has explained about a zillion times that, in his VT (PB branch of WSL VT), tan sau is interpreted more abstractly and serves to train proper elbow position for a more efficient response that does not depend upon using both arms to counter one.

Maybe this will help? Here's what a quick google search brought up for "abstract":
Google

Now others may not agree, but I believe these guys are being honest in describing what they do. I may do things differently myself. But I'm not going to argue endlessly about their system about which I am ignorant. If I get the chance to meet one of them, maybe they can show me what they do and clear up the issue.

Good post

guy b.

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I would if you lived near me. Why cant you put a video of you sparring , kind of goes against everything you have been saying. Just cover your face or something to keep your privacy.
Oh or do you just not want us to see how proper WSLVT looks like. I just want to see someone use wing chun good in sparring.

Alan has plenty of videos.

guy b.

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Unfortunately one of two things happen geezer.
1. Argument is wanted.
2. One of the parties is unwilling to accept the opinions of another and is driven to prove that opinion is incorrect.

I can agree to disagree and accept others have differing opinions often because of different perspectives and experiences. That is their truth. Great. It certainly is hard to hold a discussion with those who won't accept that I have a different experience. I am simply wrong or misguided.

I have never felt I have any problem with you doing things differently

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Google

Yup...wasn't arguing endlessly....just posted some examples of some WSL guys doing a tan sau. No biggie.

dudewingchun

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Alan has plenty of videos.

Alan has nothing to do with this at all. I have watched his videos heaps and actually sparrred with him in person so I know for a fact he is good. I dont care if you dont agree with CSL way of thinking/fighting but you are going on and on about this certain aspect of WSLVT but refuse to even show 1 second of it. You are just acting like a kid now. Not going to bother as you arent going to post one ever it seems. I thought you were the type of person who was no nonsense.

Dont see why you cant just film one sparring session or even just a compliant version to show your ideas. Or is it so secret you dont want to show us plebs ? I have nothing against guy b or LFJ I just want to see what they are talking about because I dont fully understand what they mean with there Tan idea/application.

Reactions: KPM
Status
Not open for further replies.