Women Wrestling

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Just watched this excellent movie.

Didn't realize that this move will score for 5 points.

wrestling_embrace.jpg

Do we have any wrestler in this forum?

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I wrestled from 3rd grade throughout high school. I coached on and off for 10 years or so. I wasn’t the head coach who walked around and oversaw everything; I was the assistant on the mat wrestling with the guys.

I did folk style, which is what’s done in schools and colleges. I learned a little freestyle and Greco-Roman, but not too much and never competed in those. The rule sets and scoring systems are different in the 3 styles, so what’s good to do in one could get you into trouble in another. Switching from one style to another takes a good amount of time if you’re competing, as there’s ingrained habits that you need to break.

I keep telling myself that I’m going to get back into coaching. It would honestly only take a 5 minute phone call to get in. Between the torn cartilage in my shoulder and most importantly the time commitment, I just can’t do it. The head guy would happily take me even if it was just two consistent days a week, but I’d feel like I was half-assing it and only there for myself.

Working as an athletic trainer for 15 years, I found wrestlers were always the hardest working and most disciplined athletes. Basketball was second, but wrestling was just on another level.

Latest Discussions