Wish me luck guys

MantisStyle21

Orange Belt
Reaction score
My school is hosting a tournament tomorrow, with 2 other schools gonna be there, not so much a tournament, but a friendly get together between schools.

I'm really psyched about it, but not really about the tournament part, don't get me wrong I love my fellow martial arts brothers and sisters and my school, but we've sparred so many times, we've learned eachothers moves. So I'm mainly excited about fighting new people and the learning experience I know I'm gonna get. I mean if I place good then woohoo, but if not, it's not biggie.

Anyways wish me luck, I'll let you know how it goes sometime later tomorrow ^_^

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My school is hosting a tournament tomorrow, with 2 other schools gonna be there, not so much a tournament, but a friendly get together between schools.

I'm really psyched about it, but not really about the tournament part, don't get me wrong I love my fellow martial arts brothers and sisters and my school, but we've sparred so many times, we've learned eachothers moves. So I'm mainly excited about fighting new people and the learning experience I know I'm gonna get. I mean if I place good then woohoo, but if not, it's not biggie.

Anyways wish me luck, I'll let you know how it goes sometime later tomorrow ^_^

You are an example of a TRUE martial artist..Trophys and Medals are nice,but NOTHING compairs with learning new techniques and testing oneself against a new oppoinent..Hope you have a GREAT time...Please tell us how it went...

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You are an example of a TRUE martial artist..Trophys and Medals are nice,but NOTHING compairs with learning new techniques and testing oneself against a new oppoinent..Hope you have a GREAT time...Please tell us how it went...

I agree - tournaments are a great learning experience - and win or lose, I always learn something, so it's always worth it. I can buy all the medals and trophies I want - but experience comes only from doing.

OP
MantisStyle21

MantisStyle21

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the support guys, I will let you know how everything goes ASAP =]

OP
MantisStyle21

MantisStyle21

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Well, I only had to face one person in my division...cause no one my age showed up...2 problems with the guy though....He was a black belt, and he outweighed me by a goo 100 pounds and I had to fight him in Sports Ju-jitsu and grappling XD...

However I beat him in the Sports jujitsu 25 to 17 he oculdn't keep up with my speed and he got tired fast, and he got angry cause I was winning so he wasn't thinking clearly.

But he had his revenge....during the grappling match he picked me up slammed me to the ground got on top of me and smothered me lol.

So I took 1st place in sparring(cause I didn't go to the ground with him once in Sport JJ) and 2nd in grappling (because he had far more technique than me him= BB me = green belt and he outweighed me by 100 pounds)

But all in all a good tournament everyone was good with their sportsmanship (cept my opponent)

anyways thats how my first tournament went! Take care all

OP
MantisStyle21

MantisStyle21

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Yes, it was and it was far better fighting somoene brand new because they didn't know how I fought and vice-versa, so it really tested my ability to adapt.

I do have to say that I lost a bit of my confidence when I found out who I was fighting though =[

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds like ya had fun...

Latest Discussions