Surgery tomorrow!

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm getting oral surgery tomorrow - bone from my chin and ear is going into my jaw, so in three months I can get teeth implants from a congential birth defect and get these damned braces off.

I am scared as hell, they are gonna put me out for two hours and have their way with me...

And there is a tournament september 16th which I am scared I will have to miss.

Wish me luck, and send good, "fast recovery" vibes my way, please!

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good luck, and fast recovery vibes on the way!

And think how much happier you'll be without the braces!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My prayers for the best of luck and that you heal quickly and come back STRONGER than ever and kick all their butts...

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Best of luck, Sam and a speedy recovery!

All will go well and I will be sending good vibes your way all day tomorrow!

:) Lisa

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow...I didn't realize that your surgery is tomorrow. Glad that it is finally going to happen; having to wear braces all the times must be a pain.

Sending prayers and good vibes your way. I hope that your recovery time is swift...but listen to your body, Sam. It is going to need time to heal. Don't try overexerting yourself too soon.

Anywho...I'll try to catch you online sometime tomorrow. I imagine you won't want to do any talking on the phone. ;)

donna

Black Belt
Reaction score
Lots of good vibes coming from this direction, hope all goes well:)

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good vibes headed your way from Indiana Sam.

Hope it all goes well and you have a speedy recovery!

Jeff

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
*hugs* You will be fine Sam. I'm sending thoughts for a quick and easy recovery, and that you will be good to go for your tournament. If not, don't fret, and don't push it. It's only one tounament, you wll be better off and happier to have your surgery done and healed. There will be plenty of tournments in the future. :asian:

OP
S

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
for some reason I was fighting the nurses when they took me out of anesthesia. I dont remember why, but I managed to get my wrist out of her hold by pulling away at the thumb, thus ripping a needle out of my arm.

I bet my sister I could stay concious through the anestheisa to get to 93 (going backwards from 100). I got to 89, she owes me 10 bucks.

I was in a LOT of pain and pretty miserable the first hour, spitting out a lot of blood. I took a painpill and a half and fell asleep... when I woke up I had 1/2 of another. I think I am gonna stick to halvs so I can think, and be concious.

I feel okay now. I'm hurting, but I can deal with this. Its like I just got kicked in the chin, but the pain doesnt fade.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are doing okay Sam. Remember to take fluids and keep hydrated and follow the doc's orders.

Speedy recovery!

donna

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hope you are feeling better soon. Now you can focus on healing, it all up from here.:)

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
I hope your recovery goes well -- hang in there!

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm glad you let us know you came out okay - I was thinking about you today. Get plenty of sleep - it'll help you heal faster.

Latest Discussions