Wing Chun Sparring

MFC__2020

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I think the sparring clip has a bunch of MMA sparring added to it...but specifically the Wing Chun sparring(which I am assuming is the older fuzzy footage...it looks like the curriculums that these people learned paid off.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the Wing chun sparring clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3xTxyb58j4
I've seen his earlier videos when he used to wear the silk kung fu outfits and try to take "honorable" He has changed a lot since then and as adopted a lot of things outside of Wing Chun. I tried to find one of his old videos so you can see just how much he changed but I think he took it those down. He completely gave up the Wing Chun stance that he used to have.and takes on a more common fighting stance.

Poppity

Green Belt
Reaction score
I've seen his earlier videos when he used to wear the silk kung fu outfits and try to take "honorable" He has changed a lot since then and as adopted a lot of things outside of Wing Chun. I tried to find one of his old videos so you can see just how much he changed but I think he took it those down. He completely gave up the Wing Chun stance that he used to have.and takes on a more common fighting stance.

I think you might be thinking of someone else. Even in the older videos with James Sinclair, Dr. Mark Phillips wasn't wearing silk and promoting airs and graces.

The footwork really hasn't changed much.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think you might be thinking of someone else. Even in the older videos with James Sinclair, Dr. Mark Phillips wasn't wearing silk and promoting airs and graces.

The footwork really hasn't changed much.
yeah this is the guy I was thinking of

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thats a pretty similar logo... I know there is only do many iterations of a plum flower but even so.

No, ...this logo is a freakin´ snowflake ...which is kinda funny considering the modern usage of that term! :D

Poppity

Green Belt
Reaction score
No, ...this logo is a freakin´ snowflake ...which is kinda funny considering the modern usage of that term! :D
Your quite right. Hmmm I wonder what a snowflake represents maybe it's for mo or the touchy feely aspect.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Your quite right. Hmmm I wonder what a snowflake represents maybe it's for mo or the touchy feely aspect.

....or the delicate and sensitive nature of his WC. Mark Philips on the other hand doesn't seem so "snowflakey".

Poppity

Green Belt
Reaction score
....or the delicate and sensitive nature of his WC. Mark Philips on the other hand doesn't seem so "snowflakey".

Quite true. I met mark Philips at a dragon boat festival. we were doing a wing chun demo as was his school, very nice, genuine and stand up guy. Exceptionally tall.

One of the other students/sihing trained at his school for a bit, apparently very fancy set up with a range of different martial arts to learn, principally wing chun and bjj though.

I met Master Wong at the same dragon boat venue on a separate occasion.

Latest Discussions