Will fighting back increase the need for advanced skills?

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The idea is to make yourself as unattractive to the attacker as possible; some will become disgusted and leave you be.

I understand the theory, but rape is not about the rapist being attracted to the victim, if it were there would only be attractive victims. Rape about rage, domination and control. My point is that making oneself unattractive or disgusting may work for some rapists, but not all, there are just too many sicko's out there.

Robert Lee

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Fighting back is just part of the needs to stay safe. Other aspect should allways be taught and then as each thing happens one can hope something then might help.

Father Greek

Green Belt
Reaction score
TO ALL WHO HAVE POSTED ON THIS SUBJECT I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THANKS FOR BRINGING UP A VERY SCARY SUBJECT. ABOUT TEN YEARS AGO A FEMALE STUDENT CAME TO ME ASKING ABOUT DATE RAPE. I DIDN'T HAVE AN ANSWER BUT TOLD HER I WOULD FIND OUT. I CALLED THE LOCAL RAPE CRISIS CENTER AND ASKED FOR INFORMATION. THIS LED ME TO BECOME A HOSPITAL ADVOCATE VOLUNTEER FOR THE LAST TEN YEARS. I GO TO THE ER WHEN RAPE SURVIVORS ARE BROUGHT IN. IN TEN YEARS I HAVE BEEN ON OVER 100 CALLS AND NONE OF THEM ARE THE SAME. EACH SITUATION WAS DIFFERENT. TO TRULY MAKE A DIFFERENCE WE MUST TEACH OUR STUDENTS AWARENESS AND AVOIDANCE FIRST. AFTER THEY UNDERSTAND WHAT RAPE TRULY IS THEN WE CAN TEACH THEM HOW TO DEFEND THEMSELVES. THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES THAT WHAT YOU TEACH WILL BE USED BUT YOU WILL AT LEAST GIVE THEM THE TOOLS TO USE. I WAS ONCE ASKED AT A SEMINAR FOR WOMEN "WHAT SHOULD WE SAY TO OUR DAUGHTERS ABOUT RAPE?" i TOLD THE WOMEN TO BE HONEST AND OPEN AND THEN ASKED THEM WHAT SHOULD WE SAY TO OUR SONS ABOUT RAPE? REMEMBER THAT 1 OUT OF 3 WOMEN WILL BE THE VICTIM OF SEXUAL ASSAULT AND 1 OUT OF 8 MEN WILL BE VICTIMS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT. I URGE ALL OF YOU INSTRUCTORS AND STUDENTS ALIKE TO CONTACT YOUR NEAREST RAPE CRISIS CENTER FOR MORE INFORMATION. I WILL NOW CLIMB OFF OF MY SOAPBOX. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

FATHER GREEK

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Fighting back is just part of the needs to stay safe. Other aspect should allways be taught and then as each thing happens one can hope something then might help.

Absolutely, no arguement there. Fighting back physically should be the last resort for anyone.

Latest Discussions