Why some people still don't want to wear mask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Wait. So, hold on

2+2 isn't 4,
Sweden's economy isn't comparable to Norway or Denmark's,
But the USA and Sweden are somehow comparable?

Give me a break
there no more conparable than any other 3 countries picked at random , , just coz they are sort of next to each other, , denmark is also next to germany, germany is next to poland and poland is next to russia,,, so what exactly,

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
there no more conparable than any other 3 countries picked at random , , just coz they are sort of next to each other, , denmark is also next to germany, germany is next to piland and poland is next to russia,,, so what exactly
Cool.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
[QUcooz,,,OTE="drop bear, post: 2010909, member: 32080"]Ok. Then we will discard the whole binary argument and 2+2 still equals 4 because maths messes up when it doesn't.

Which is how we prove things.
what, have you been drinking
computers do maths just fine , and so do people who usr binary, its just of no use to you,, coz,,,[/QUOTE]

Because I don't program computers and use the decimal system to handle any maths I do.

Because binary is arduous to do manually and computers do it for us.

In fact I would be suprised if anyone manually uses binary.

Therefore the binary argument even though it supports the argument that 2+2=4 is largely irrelevant. And you are only using it because you don't have anything to contradict my proof.

And now you are desperately trying to say "Nah you stupid" because that convinces all the Karen's you usually talk to at the pub.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
what, have you been drinking
computers do maths just fine , and so do people who usr binary, its just of no use to you,, coz,,,

Because I don't program computers and use the decimal system to handle any maths I do.

Therefore the binary argument even though it supports the argument that 2+2=4 is largely irrelevant. And you are only using it because you don't have ,anything to contradict my proof.

And now you are desperately trying to say "Nah you stupid" because that convinces all the Karen's you usually talk to at the pub.[/QUOTE]
ive not said your stupid, but its pretty clear you think you are, and im not argueing
perhaps we are both wrong and your just a masive under achiever
people who do computer science have to be able to use binary, other wise its all 1 and 0s

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It seems like Facui is changing things but he really isn't. He's basing his responses on the actions that people take. If people do A, then the outcome is A. If people do B, then the outcome is B. If the people don't do A, then we are looking at possible outcomes of B,C,D, E,F. People think he keeps changing, but he's clearing working the. "what if scenarios" and the likely outcomes. He can't give a stable answer because that all depends on the action of the people.

I surprised that so many people miss that. He's always saying stuff like "if we continue to do A then we can expect outcome A. But, If we don't do that then we can expect outcome B." He's been correct on all of the scenarios that would cause an increase. Much of which is playing out in the U.S. now.

I also think that he would have been much clearer if he didn't have to dance around the politics and trying not to appear to be "going against" government leadership. I would rather that he tell it like it is. If it's terrible news, then it's just terrible news. Sometimes life is like that.

The issue is you are herding cats. We could again go to the experts and they would tell us the things needed to combat covid.

But they are unpleasant and nobody will do it. So the policy becomes what you can actually make people do rather than what works.

And it turns out people are not even able to wear a mask, wash their hands or stand a meter apart.

Which means more people will die than is neccecary. And more oppression will be imposed than is neccecary.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Therefore the binary argument even though it supports the argument that 2+2=4 is largely irrelevant. And you are only using it because you don't have anything to contradict my proof.

And now you are desperately trying to say "Nah you stupid" because that convinces all the Karen's you usually talk to at the pub.
ive not said your stupid, but its pretty clear you think you are, and im not argueing

people who do computer science have to be able to use binary, other wise its all 1 and 0s

Who manually works out binary?

I did it once in high school to find out how it works. And then like I am doing now a computer is doing it for me.

The same with people who do computer sciences.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score

I did it once in high school to find out how it works. And then like I am doing now a computer is doing it for me.

The same with people who do computer sciences.[/QUOTE]
peopke who get qualification in computer science need to be able to use base two, it part of what we call higher level qualifications

some people can also use calculus, which also bares little resmblance to base 10

and that owsky american are still using base 12 and base 16,

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

The same with people who do computer sciences.
peopke who get qualification in computer science need to be able to use base two, it part of what we call higher level qualifications

some people can also use calculus, which also bares little resmblance to base 10

Ok. Here is the qualification for computer science.

Find me where people are learning binary.

Course list for the Bachelor of Computer Science - my.UQ - The University of Queensland, Australia

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Here's a fun puzzle to consider. You guys may already have heard it.

Three guys are traveling together, and their car breaks down. The mechanic says he can fix it for $300, so they each kick in $100. Mechanic fixes the car, and it actually takes him less time than he thought, so he gives a kid working at the garage $50 and sends him over to give it back to these guys. Kid think to himself, well, no way $50 gets split up equally, so I'll give them each $10 back and pocket the other $20.

All told, each of the guys paid $90, which totals up to $270. Plus the $20 the kid kept equals $290. What happened to the other $10?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

People do "use calculus" but I'm pretty sure they let the calculators do the heavy lifting. Where are we going with this?

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ok. Here is the qualification for computer science.

Find me where people are learning binary.

Course list for the Bachelor of Computer Science - my.UQ - The University of Queensland, Australia
There were 7 major fields in computer science - requirement for qualifying exam.

- Computer architect
- Operation system.
- Computer programming
- Artificial intelligence
- Numerical analysis
- Automata theory
- Database

Not sure this requirement has been changed or not. Back in my time, the following fields didn't even exist:

- Search engine.
- Anti-virus
- Computer hacker
- Web design

Last edited:

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There were 7 major fields in computer science - requirement for qualifying exam.

- Computer architect
- Operation system.
- Computer programming
- Artificial intelligence
- Numerical analysis
- Automata theory
- Database

Not sure this requirement has been changed or not. Back in my time, the following fields didn't even exist:

- Search engine.
- Anti-virus
- Computer hacker
- Web design

I couldn't find anywhere where people need a working knowledge of binary though.

Yeah know it exists but I don't think it ever gets used.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Here's a fun puzzle to consider. You guys may already have heard it.

Three guys are traveling together, and their car breaks down. The mechanic says he can fix it for $300, so they each kick in $100. Mechanic fixes the car, and it actually takes him less time than he thought, so he gives a kid working at the garage $50 and sends him over to give it back to these guys. Kid think to himself, well, no way $50 gets split up equally, so I'll give them each $10 back and pocket the other $20.

All told, each of the guys paid $90, which totals up to $270. Plus the $20 the kid kept equals $290. What happened to the other $10?

$250 to fix the car + $20 fee from kid = $270.

$90 x 3 = $270.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
computers do maths just fine ,
I guess my computer is broken
upload_2020-9-5_17-56-46.png

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I couldn't find anywhere where people need a working knowledge of binary though.

Yeah know it exists but I don't think it ever gets used.
You will need to write some binary code to create a machine patch for your customer hardware (such as a printer) to fix a certain bug. Before online down load become available, you have to send someone to your customer site to do that job.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You will need to write some binary code to create a machine patch for your customer hardware (such as a printer) to fix a certain bug. Before online down load become available, you have to send someone to your customer site to do that job.
and remember, there are 10 types of people in the world, those that undrstand binary and those that dont

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions