Why some people still don't want to wear mask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What's wrong in US?

Sanjay Gupta: "There will be people who became infected" after attending Trump's RNC speech

rnc.jpg

rnc-1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This is why I'm afraid to go to California this year. My California friend told me that 50% of the California people don't wear mask outdoor.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
This is why I'm afraid to go to California this year. My California friend told me that 50% of the California people don't wear mask outdoor.
It depends on where you are. But yes, there are people here who refuse to wear masks. I know where it comes from, but it absolutely makes no sense to me.

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My friend in Taiwan told me that it's not a politics issue in Taiwan. Why it can be a politics issue in US?

Taiwan-mask.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Starting from the 1st grade, all Chinese kid have to sweep the class room at the end of the school day. All Chinese kid wear mask since 1st grade through the end of senior high. All Chinese kids have mask in their pockets for 12 full years.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Enlighten me, John. Why would I want to wear a mask outdoors, in the open air when no other people are close by? When I go out to walk the dog, I don't wear a mask, and I never come within 20 yards of anyone else. Heck 50 yards is rare.

When I go to the store, I park, grab my mask that's hanging off my turn signal lever, and put it on as I walk across the parking lot and approach the entrance to the store. And even then, I keep my distance from others. Should I be wearing a mask every moment I'm out of my house? ...like my paranoid neighbor I see wearing a mask when driving around in his car with the windows up? Is there any logical reason to behave that way?

No politics ...just give me some factual data as to the advantage of behaving like that!

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My friend in Taiwan told me that it's not a politics issue in Taiwan. Why it can be a politics issue in US?

That is a discussion for a political forum. Enough to be aware that it has become a political issue and let that subject go.

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That is a discussion for a political forum. Enough to be aware that it has become a political issue and let that subject go.
Should we first understand why it's a politics issue, we can then stop to discuss it?

People have no issue to wear mask in party.

mask-party.jpg

Last edited:

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Should we first understand why it's a politics issue, we can then stop to discuss it?

People have no issue to wear mask in party.

mask-party.jpg
People have turned it into a freedom issue, believing their rights are being infringed upon by being required to wear a mask. I’m not agreeing nor disagreeing with it; just stating what I’ve seen. That’s the politics in as simple of a way I can put it to not get political.

Please don’t get the thread locked.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

I'm afraid to travel because I don't want to be crammed into a sealed airplane breathing the same air as a hundred or more strangers for hours. Once you get to your destination, you have many options, but getting there... that's another story!

So I take day trips in my car.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Aside from my previous post...

They’re uncomfortable, difficult to breathe in, and I get hotter wearing one. I don’t want to wear a mask, but I do. Like it or not, I wear it to protect myself, my family, and others I come in contact with. It’s annoying and frustrating, but it is what it is. Hopefully it’ll end sooner than later.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Whether or not it's a politics issue...why is it a General Martial Arts issue?

Saying "it's a people issue, not a politics issue" is just a cop-out so you don't have to listen to any other opinions. You've rejected all other opinions except for your own. If any other opinions come in, you just look down on the person instead of listening to them. You've decided what's fact or not, and you've decided that your understanding is more correct than anyone else's. While that is a perfectly valid position to take for yourself, it's entirely an overstep to assume that everyone else should agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.