Why should I learn Martial Arts?

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
you can pass on to your family and future generations..
Not too sure about that.

I hang on the pole to train head lock.

pole_hang_2.png

My daughter hangs on the pole to become US and international pole dance champion.

Attachments

• my_pole_hang.jpg
    my_pole_hang.jpg
    647.8 KB · Views: 65

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I never try to convince anyone who challenges me with a "change my mind" attitude. I just smile and nod. Yes, martial arts is a scam and a hoax, you can learn it all on YouTube anyway, kata is stupid, punching air is dumb, pressure testing, teach me dim mak, how long before I get my black belt, etc, etc. Whatever a person wants to believe is fine. Off you go now, have a nice day.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Is there any new and genuine reason that I've never heard about learning martial arts?
During the 1st year of my elementary school, I was 5, all my classmate were 6. There was a HUGH Mongolian girl who loved to mount on top of me and punched on my head every day. During the 2nd year, one time I bite her on her leg, she cried, and left me along after that day. After that day, I decided to train MA so for the rest of my life no girl will even be able to mount on top of me any more.

That girl became the woman swimming champion in Taiwan many years later.

By the way, I had proved that biting worked in the ground game.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
During the 1st year of my elementary school, I was 5, all my classmate were 6. There was a HUGH Mongolian girl who loved to mount on top of me and punched on my head every day. During the 2nd year, one time I bite her on her leg, she cried, and left me along after that day. After that day, I decided to train MA so for the rest of my life no girl will even be able to mount on top of me any more.

Dummy, she liked you.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Not too sure about that.

I hang on the pole to train head lock.

View attachment 27170

My daughter hangs on the pole to become US and international pole dance champion.

The OP asked for new reasons and those are the only 2 I haven't heard anyone say. lol.

Last edited:
OP
J

john_newman

Orange Belt
Reaction score

That was the smart step taken by you..

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I don't know whether this is common, I have been practicing at home for over 30 years after I stopped going to class. My main reason is I HATE running, stationary bike and all those. So I use kick boxing on heavy bags as aerobics part of my exercise regiment which is like 1/3. The rest is weight training. I don't really think about as MA or fighting.

Running is not necessary good, my wife did a lot of walking( more like slow running), 2 miles a day, 6 days a week. I told her don't do it, take days off in between. She did not listen. Now she has two metal hips!!!! Kick boxing is full body aerobics, not just on the legs where you wear out the joints as you get old. This is very important as cartridges in the joints do wear out and there's not much you can do about it.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions