Why Mitt Romney Is the Worst Possible Candidate for Women

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
[h=1]Why Mitt Romney Is the Worst Possible Candidate for Women[/h]By Amanda Chatel. Posted on Nov 1st 2012.
Your Tango EXCERPT:
It goes beyond just our right to choose.

Still undecided about who should be our next president? Election Day is in less than a week (November 6th to be exact), so now's the time to put some serious thought into who you're voting for. Of course, I'd never tell anyone who to endorse — but I will give you a hint: If you have a vagina and you're sexually active, you probably shouldn’t be voting for Mitt Romney. In fact, you probably definitely shouldn't. We're talking about a man who wants to put an end to some forms of contraception and consider them "criminal" if used. What year is this again?

And it gets worse. If chosen, Romney and company will do their best to take away funding for Planned Parenthood. The conservative "right" will tell you that this is because Planned Parenthood does little more than provide abortions. But in truth, only 3% of the services provided by Planned Parenthood are abortions — legal and safe abortions. In fact, some of their clinics don't do abortions at all.

About 35% of what Planned Parenthood does is provide contraception to those who can't afford it, so less woman are faced with the painful decision of whether or not to abort in cases of unintended pregnancy. The rest of Planned Parenthood's services account for STD education and testing, counseling, cancer screening and prenatal and pregnancy care. For more than five million women (and men), Planned Parenthood's services are a necessity — and one that will be eliminated should Romney be our next president.
END EXCERPT
I posted this crappy article, not for Chatel's idiotic rambling, but, rather for the exquisite comments:
If I said all that I love about a woman was her vagina I'd, rightly, be labeled a misogynist. If I said all I loved about myself was my dick I'd be called a Narcissist, a pig, and a fool. And that would be right as well.

The only women who are fooled by all of this "war on women" nonsense are women who are also stupid. It amazes me that anyone falls for this nonsense quite honestly. The most socially conservative pro-life people I know are all women. For the Dems to parade around a story about how the Republicans are waging war on women ignores the fact that most pro-life activists ARE WOMEN.
Women are waging war on themselves....yeah, right.
Eliminating federal funding for PP would not eliminate PP. Get some of our liberals billionaires to donate.
It is ironic that after 50 or so years of feminism, the Dem party has reduced women to walking, talking vaginas. Who is it again that is conducting a "war on women"? Vote with your brain, not your vagina.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
I find it amazing that you miss the point of the article completely, do not addres her facts, and post questionable statements of your own.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I find it amazing that you miss the point of the article completely, do not addres her facts, and post questionable statements of your own.
The point of my bringing it here, was to ridicule how stupid "Vote for Your Vagina" is.
I think less of you for thinking she had "a" valid point, let alone more than one.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If I wasn't concerned about Stormtroopers putting a bullet in my head because my library is full of "Dangerous Books" and I own "Semi Automatic" guns, I might be concerned with who saves a whole 5.00 a month on free contraceptives.

(Yes, I an intentionally being overly dramatic, and no, I don't really expect Government Stormtroopers to come to my house, but I do despair of the fact that this administration has made that legal and no one cares, mainly because of Vaginas and Weddings.)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am curious as to why your election focuses on things like abortion, gay rights and the like instead of as in other countries such things as the economy,employment and the actual running of the country? In other countries things like abortion and whom one marries are considered things for an individual to deal with according to his/her beliefs not an issue to run a Presidential election on. I can understand health issues being discussed as an election issue if the discussion is on who pays for what but not on religious grounds. If the state can't afford to pay for people's contraception that's a different issue from a politician deciding that his views will prevail and you can't even buy contraception because he doesn't believe in it. I must admit I don't understand why religion plays such a great part in your politics, it's puzzling to be honest.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am curious as to why your election focuses on things like abortion, gay rights and the like instead of as in other countries such things as the economy,employment and the actual running of the country?

Because they are the easiest things to fool or distract the vast majority of morons out there

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you feel about the Catholic Bishop writting a letter to his serving priets that they need to read aloud today a letter to the congregations that they must out of obedience to thier faith vote for Mitt Romney? This should be grounds to remove thier non profit status? But so what PAC's can do anything they like why not?

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
How do you feel about the Catholic Bishop writting a letter to his serving priets that they need to read aloud today a letter to the congregations that they must out of obedience to thier faith vote for Mitt Romney? This should be grounds to remove thier non profit status? But so what PAC's can do anything they like why not?
OK, but, then, we would have to revoke the non-profit status of EVERY Black Church that Sharpton, Jackson, Jackson-Lee, EITHER Clinton or Obama has spoken at too, right? I mean, if you are going to be consistent...
Not to mention the IRS would have to take a hard look at political activities in MOSQUES...

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am curious as to why your election focuses on things like abortion, gay rights and the like instead of as in other countries such things as the economy,employment and the actual running of the country?

Yeah, a lot of us wonder about that. The Christian right has taken over the Republican party. It makes it hard for me to vote for a Republican even if I agree with him on political and economic matters.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Keep in mind who is focusing on abortion and birth control this election...the democrats...why? Because their plan for the economy is wrecking it and one of their major support groups is young unmarried women, so, to keep women going to the polls, as the democrats say "to vote against their own interest...the economy," they create the false war on women meme to confuse the pretty little things.:angel:

bluewaveschool

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, a lot of us wonder about that. The Christian right has taken over the Republican party. It makes it hard for me to vote for a Republican even if I agree with him on political and economic matters.

As a christian, the views pushed by the christian right make it impossible for me to vote GOP.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
As a christian, the views pushed by the christian right make it impossible for me to vote GOP.

As a Catholic, the views pushed by the secular left make it impossible for me to vote democrat.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As an American, the Unconstitutional Views pushed by both make it impossible for me to vote for either side.

bluewaveschool

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I was sitting in saturday morning men's bible study last week, and one of the oldest guys there (pushing 90) says 'The problem with the government is that we don't have a secular government anymore. Everyone wants to shoehorn their religion into everything. You can't get christians (being the various denominations) to agree on what the Bible says, then we don't need to be telling everyone else how to live.'

bluewaveschool

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Also, I'm the youngest guy in there by easily 30 years. Old people are awesome, because they've lived through so much that they really don't give a damn what anyone else may think of their opinion, and the filter is long gone. Small children and the elderly are the most honest people on earth. One doesn't know any better, and the other doesn't give a ****.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mine too, not that that is a surprise to any of our regulars who know my views on religious organisations. A good man is still a good man, no matter what he chooses to place his faith in. When those good men start to do evil things because those who interpret their sacred texts tell them to do so is when I start to object.

How I feel about 'Churches' writ large is not to be confused with an animosity to individuals having spiritual beliefs of their choice; I will stand shoulder to shoulder with people like BillM to defend his right to believe what he will on the origin of the universe and us (what I may quibble with him about is what the 'church' does with the temporal power it has).

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
i'm not Christian, so it bothers me a bit when the far right wants to legislate thier beliefs into law for my friends and I. It was my understanding of the constitution that the state shall not endorse or favor one religion over another. So when elements of the far right try to legislate thier religion into law, i view that as a dangerous precedent.

As far as the "war on women" the conservatives are the ones who are consistantly making this a part of politics. If it isn't an issue, why do Republican canidates keep bringing up things such as legimate rape cannot result in pregnancy, incest and statatory rape are very, very, rare, that rape is comparable to a child born out of wed lock, that the best profolactic is an aspirin held tightly between a woman's legs, that a board of politicians gather to determine law for contraceptice, yet no woman is even allowed to speak much less be a board member, etc. These are indeed attacks on women and women's health. Not all republicans are resorting to such nonsense, but when many do, it isn't exactly as if it is going to go unnoticed, nor should it.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Its both parties, not just the Republicans.

Why not focus on employment, economy, etc. as Tez asked? Follow the money. The money, and power, is not with unifying issues, it is with divisive issues, especially those divisive issues that split neatly on partisan bounds. The greater the emphasis on abortion, the greater the benefit to both the RNC and the DNC.

Latest Discussions