Now why do you think you get to talk about this to a stranger?

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
why is everything so extreme in your world, ballen?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Its not it seems to be in your world. simple words don't offend me like they do you. I was just seeing if it is just the verbal word Jesus or is it in print also a bad thing to you

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Its not it seems to be in your world. simple words don't offend me like they do you. I was just seeing if it is just the verbal word Jesus or is it in print also a bad thing to you
I am pretty sure I specifically said that it doesn't offend me.

Take a step back. Read what I'm posting and stop acting like a zealot.

I do think that proselytizing to my five year old is inappropriate. I dont find the word Jesus offensive.

Am I crazy? Seems like a pretty reasonable position. How does that somehow get twisted into being offended by the word Jesus?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Would it offend me? No. Do I think it's appropriate? Also no.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Just in case you missed it, ballen.

A couple posts earlier, i had already said specifically that I am not offended by religion, even though I am not religious. I wrote the above post, and can't think of a way to be more explicit.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am pretty sure I specifically said that it doesn't offend me.

Take a step back. Read what I'm posting and stop acting like a zealot.

I do think that proselytizing to my five year old is inappropriate. I dont find the word Jesus offensive.

Am I crazy? Seems like a pretty reasonable position. How does that somehow get twisted into being offended by the word Jesus?

If you don't believe then why would you care. It should be no different then if someone one walked by in a clown costume and said bobo loves you. Saying Jesus love you isn't proselytizing.
Is it the word love or Jesus you find not appropriate? If a mall Santa walked by and said Santa loves you would that also be inappropriate?
And forgive me for not believing that your not offended by Jesus since your the one that's so appalled by religion you decided to talk about it in a thread that had nothing to do with religion

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
If you don't believe then why would you care. It should be no different then if someone one walked by in a clown costume and said bobo loves you. Saying Jesus love you isn't proselytizing.
Is it the word love or Jesus you find not appropriate? If a mall Santa walked by and said Santa loves you would that also be inappropriate?
And forgive me for not believing that your not offended by Jesus since your the one that's so appalled by religion you decided to talk about it in a thread that had nothing to do with religion
So, there's the crux of it. You don't believe me. You're a mind reader now, and can see into the hearts and minds of people across the vast, virtual plains of the internet. You are openly admitting what I've expected for a long time. Which is why you will argue with me, even when I'm agreeing with you. Damnedest thing I've ever seen, really. No matter how much I try to explain, you choose what to believe and what not to believe, even if your chosen reality is in direct conflict with what is really written. How can you expect to have a discussion with anyone if you don't accept what they're saying at face value?

I wasn't offended by the word Jesus when I wrote the post, and I'm not offended now. Once again, if you'd calm down a little, step back and try to understand what I wrote and why, I think you could understand. In the context of people discussing politics with kids AND people going door to door, it's not unreasonable to think of Jehovah's Witness or LDS representatives knocking on doors or walking around the neighborhood. I don't have a problem at all with it, and these religious believers are unfailingly polite. However, I believe it would be inappropriate for one of them to talk to my five year old about God (or Jesus, heaven, hell or Satan). In the same way I would find it inappropriate for an adult to talk to my five year old about "The Left" or "The Right" or abortion (see how everything comes full circle).

But, all of that is pointless, because you've just admitted that you don't believe what I write. Which seems like a really dysfunctional way to participate on a discussion board.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So, there's the crux of it. You don't believe me. You're a mind reader now, and can see into the hearts and minds of people across the vast, virtual plains of the internet. You are openly admitting what I've expected for a long time. Which is why you will argue with me, even when I'm agreeing with you. Damnedest thing I've ever seen, really. No matter how much I try to explain, you choose what to believe and what not to believe, even if your chosen reality is in direct conflict with what is really written. How can you expect to have a discussion with anyone if you don't accept what they're saying at face value?
when what your saying is followed by other statements that don't agree with what you stated how can one believe it? This topic had nothing to do with religion or Jesus specifically yet your so offended by the possibility someone may mention his name to your kids you felt the need to post about it when its totally unrelated to GSA and abortions. So yes I don't believe your not offended since it bothered you enough to post about it so what your saying doesn't jive with your behavior.
I wasn't offended by the word Jesus when I wrote the post, and I'm not offended now. Once again, if you'd calm down a little, step back and try to understand what I wrote and why, I think you could understand. In the context of people discussing politics with kids AND people going door to door, it's not unreasonable to think of Jehovah's Witness or LDS representatives knocking on doors or walking around the neighborhood. I don't have a problem at all with it, and these religious believers are unfailingly polite. However, I believe it would be inappropriate for one of them to talk to my five year old about God (or Jesus, heaven, hell or Satan). In the same way I would find it inappropriate for an adult to talk to my five year old about "The Left" or "The Right" or abortion (see how everything comes full circle).
except religion had NOTHING to do with the topic you decided the idea someone might say the word Jesus is so bothersome to you that you brought it into the discussion.
But, all of that is pointless, because you've just admitted that you don't believe what I write. Which seems like a really dysfunctional way to participate on a discussion board.
yes because no one ever lies on the internet :sadsong:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
when what your saying is followed by other statements that don't agree with what you stated how can one believe it? This topic had nothing to do with religion or Jesus specifically yet your so offended by the possibility someone may mention his name to your kids you felt the need to post about it when its totally unrelated to GSA and abortions. So yes I don't believe your not offended since it bothered you enough to post about it so what your saying doesn't jive with your behavior.

except religion had NOTHING to do with the topic you decided the idea someone might say the word Jesus is so bothersome to you that you brought it into the discussion.

yes because no one ever lies on the internet :sadsong:
You really think I'm a liar? I have to say, that genuinely hurts, ballen. I know we don't see eye to eye on many things, but, I didn't realize how little you think of me.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You really think I'm a liar? I have to say, that genuinely hurts, ballen. I know we don't see eye to eye on many things, but, I didn't realize how little you think of me.

Na that was a general people lie on the internet.
I don't think your lying on purpose I'm saying what you type "im not offended" and the behavior you display "people should not talk to my kid about Jesus" are in contrast.

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
And yet, in school, all sorts of lefty political agendas are given to children, and some involve a great deal about sex and sexual activity...and if you complain you are called a nut...and then you are ignored and just have to accept it...

Latest Discussions