Can people in safe jobs be better with weapons than martial artists and violence professionals?

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I mean I literally seen RBSD instrucotrs mock the way baseball players swing their bats, saying its only for sport and it'll be ineffective for "real street fighting"
You know, I'm having a really hard time believing that you have seen any such thing.

As stated previously, weapons are force multipliers. A swing with a baseball bat from anyone can be dangerous. A swing with a bat by a professional baseball player could easily be lethal.

I've been training martial arts for 34 years and I talk to a lot of other martial artists, both in person and online. I've never heard or seen any martial arts instructor claim that a swing with a bat by a baseball player would be ineffective in a street fight.

Unless you've just forgotten to mention it, you don't train in any martial art, yet you keep coming up with these bizarre statements that you claim were made by martial arts instructors. As far as I'm concerned the possibilities are
  1. You are completely misunderstanding what is being said.
  2. You are quoting some deluded crank who claims to be a martial arts instructor, but doesn't actually know anything about it.
  3. You are making things up.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sorry, no, he states that many are killed against untrained people, I've asked Marc, he disagreed so I want to know where the OP got his 'information' from.
There is also no such thing as 'cullinary'.
hmmm. Not quite sure what to say about that lol. You asked Marc, and he disagreed.
That's the great thing about the Internet. Research is easy.
It's still a dead argument for me as long as he continues to compare an anime butcher fighting a child soldier with a magic to the real world. The sooner he spars against a real knife fighter or weapon fighter the sooner he can see the truth. Anything less than that isn't going to change his mind.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hmmm. Not quite sure what to say about that lol. You asked Marc, and he disagreed.
That's the great thing about the Internet. Research is easy.
It's still a dead argument for me as long as he continues to compare an anime butcher fighting a child soldier with a magic to the real world. The sooner he spars against a real knife fighter or weapon fighter the sooner he can see the truth. Anything less than that isn't going to change his mind.

Marc McYoung is very accessible and I've had a few internet discussions with him, to be honest anyone can. As I said before he's well known to martial artists and I believe personally known to quite a few posters here.
I think Orcophile needs martial arts experience first and foremost, empty hand before weapons. It's hard to discuss with any seriousness martial arts with someone who thinks anime is real life.

Latest Discussions