why do martial artist bake bricks

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have grown up in the martial art field since 1964 and I still don't understand baking bricks for hours and hours. If you learn the proper techniques you would not have to do this, can anybody explain this to me. Is this from the new so called martial artist out there. Thanks for everybody future input.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
I have grown up in the martial art field since 1964 and I still don't understand baking bricks for hours and hours. If you learn the proper techniques you would not have to do this, can anybody explain this to me. Is this from the new so called martial artist out there. Thanks for everybody future input.

I would think that one of the main reasons is so that many bricks or slabs can be broken at one time. Sure, tech plays a huge part, but if they can do something to make it easier....well, then why not. It makes it look or appear MUCH more impressive to the crowd.

Mike

G

Galvatron

People do it for showmanship. At demos, the last thing a person wants is to hit a big pile concrete and not break it.
I wouldnt by any means say it's a product of the "new" martial artists, that's a total "Old Skool" trick.

I personally think the occasional failed break is actually better for demos, in that it shows the crowd the bricks/concrete/boards are REAL.

K

kenpo12

terryl965 said:

Cuz baking bricks is manlier than baking cakes.

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
kenpo12 said:
Cuz baking bricks is manlier than baking cakes.

This is a technique developed by Master Martha Stewart. What you can't break, bake.

Thanks

KennethKu

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
terryl965 said:

Its called cheating. Duh.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
Breaking boards and bricks is all a gimmick any way. As bruce says boards don't hit back (when Mr. Badguy attempts to intimadate him). You could just as easily ask why they aim for the small part of the baseball bat when they break that. Its a presentation!!!! Also bear in mind that in the US the majority of Martial artists are children and having them break things is meant to build there confidence. This is really a non-issue come to think of it; so long.
Sean (www.iemat.com)

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You don't know what you are talking about TouchOdeath.

KennethKu nailed it, baking boards or bricks is cheating and lying. What a disgrace.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

Latest Discussions