baked bricks

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
first off let me clearthings up a bit. I'm a thrid dan and I believe those people who bake bricks are only hurting the intregrady of the sport it self, I do understand the looking good part but if you train and use proper technique you could break bricks without the baking for 12 to 24 hours that some martial artist are doing feedback is always appreciated

Ive never broke a brick before (on purpose anyway). Just curious as to why you would want bake a brick just to break it.

bdparsons

Black Belt
Reaction score
8253 said:
Ive never broke a brick before (on purpose anyway). Just curious as to why you would want bake a brick just to break it.

Baking a brick makes it more brittle and easier to break.

Other "dirty little breaking secrets":

Putting spacers between bricks and boards. The weight/force of the first helps break the seond, the second helps break the third... thats why curved roofing tiles are easier to break than solid bricks.

Breaking concrete patio block and cinder block is easier than red brick which is easier than stone. More porous=less mass.

Pre-breaking or scoring blocks of ice. Pre-breaking is done by draping a weighted wire across the block. The weight pulls the wire down through the block. You then refreeze the blocks together. creating a weak spot that can't be seen. Ice does not naturally break cleanly, it shatters. If you watch a "clean " ice break, the block has been treated.

Respects,
Bill Parsons
Triangle Kenpo Institute

C

c2kenpo

I just find that when I spar against a brick or more...I dont feel the same amount of satisfaction after I win. And the crowd isn't as excited. :rolleyes:

:partyon:

Dave

C

c2kenpo

tshadowchaser said:
No but they love it when the bricks win and you break :uhyeah:

"Bricks don't hit back." ~ Mr. Miyagi

:asian:
Dave

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Kembudo-Kai Kempoka said:
I think that was "boards".

Quite right sir. Bruce Lee said, "Boards don't hit back"

It was Bolo Yeung in Bloodsport who said, "Brick not hit back!"

Mr. Miyagi said, "Don't know, never been attacked by tree....."

--Dave

:asian:

C

c2kenpo

Well obvoiusly it wasn't a brick that hit me nor a board but I do recall my instructors fist nailing my mastoid a few days back.
Maybe that is way things are all fuzzy!

Dave :asian:

Latest Discussions