Why Can Jocks get girls so easy and not people in martial arts?

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
SenseiBear said:
Chicks dig Blackbelts.

Breaking and kicking @$$...

then they marry them and...

Wife's hate Blackbelts

always training, never home.

And as was mentioned before... Life does sometimes suck.

That was funny, I'm getting married in 7 weeks -- I will admit i did not get through all the comments, but this one made me laugh first. to the original question of why chics like the jocks... Look at all the statistics my friend. Woman like men in uniform and we are only below police, army and fireman... thats right. we are ranked 4 in unifroms.. again.. maybe this might of only sounded good to me.
Jesse

beauty_in_the_sai

Green Belt
Reaction score
I was never interested in football players. All the ones at my high school were all the same; big, conceited, and stupid. I was only ever interested in martial arts guys (mainly black belts). I would go to the tournys and drool. LOL My instructor used to hit me for that. I eventually found a wonderful martial arts guy and married him July 30, 2005!

Becky

evenflow1121

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
TallAdam85 said:
Why Can Jocks get girls so easy and not people in martial arts?

Well those would be the wrong type of girls for you anyways. Go find a person that has the same interest that you have. You are simply looking in the wrong place. And jocks can't get girls so easy, they can get a specific type of girl easy, the ones that are interested in all that popularity brujaja at a young age, but look at it this way, the girl that is into MA would probably not be interested in a jock, she would be interested in someone like yourself. You simply need someone that has similar interest.

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
In my own experience the jocks and cheerleaders are some of the most shallow people I knew in high school. They were the "in" crowd. Funny now when I see most of them they are drunks and drug users. Seems the peer pressure got to them. Therefore who cares about getting the cheerleaders. Most are pretty scarry looking now anyways! Think long term.

In the spirit of bushido!

Rob

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
I wise person told me when i was in school.. be nice to all. the ones who are in their prime in HS will be out of their prime when college is over. The ones who have not shown their beauty will surprise you come your 10 year re-union.
In Peace
Jesse

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
I find truth in that. Me and some of my friends were talking about some people we had run into recently, having not seen them since high school. All the hot girls from then were not anymore. Heavy and weathered, truly disappointing, as they were the ones that you went toschool for! In contrast, the geeks were now hot! The buff jocks from then, fat and out of shape. The skinny, small guys, jacked and taller.

evenflow1121

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hand Sword said:
I find truth in that. Me and some of my friends were talking about some people we had run into recently, having not seen them since high school. All the hot girls from then were not anymore. Heavy and weathered, truly disappointing, as they were the ones that you went toschool for! In contrast, the geeks were now hot! The buff jocks from then, fat and out of shape. The skinny, small guys, jacked and taller.

Hehe its ironic I tell you. I think a lot of it has to do with growing up, back in high school you were attracted to those girls for all the wrong reasons, now that you are older, wiser, exposed to college and what not, girls like that dont really do it for you anymore. Thus, they are not as attractive as they were back then, you figure out they are just regular chicks, nothing special and vice versa if you are a girl.

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have some sort of wierd mental reading problem has I keep seeing the subject and think it has something to do with 'girls getting locks on people in martial arts'. Something about different physiology or something making it easier for females to do certan locks or something...I dunno...but I I do a double take every time I read it.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Moderator note:

Thread moved to Urusai Bar & Grill.

G Ketchmark / shesulsa
MT Sr. Moderator

bookworm_cn317

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, this girl's more interested in martial artists and not jocks!

Maybe it's because I'm a martial artist myself.

Martial artists are cooler anyway. :uhyeah:

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon7.gif

mijemi

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Football is pretty mainstream - MA is not. Having said that - I imagine that male blackbelts have their own little fanclub too.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Blame the handfull with jerk offs with Dan rankings that ruined it for the rest of us..You know the type, tough talking and arrogant and usually wind up getting their butts handed to them by some non-MA...

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I personally prefer Martial Artisits to Jocks, they are more intelligent on the whole. And there's something about a guy wearing a black belt... (OMG did I really say that on this forum?)

Mixing with guys who are martial artists is harder though, because of the politics stressed on another thread, dating a higher rank from your own class is very very difficult and frowned on, and other classes, when you meet them, are usually in tournaments and competing on the other side of the hall in the mens comps, then they don't notice you because they are concentrating.

In the tournament I attended 2 days ago, there were LOADS of really attractive and hot guys with great physiques, but the thing is, it was a professional setting for the BB's, and for colour belts they were all trying to concentrate on what they were doing. Nice buts though.... ;)

*sigh*

Oh darn I've just remembered I'm married. :uhyeah:

jdinca

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Haven't noticed that problem. Then again, us single folks in our 40's have been known to lower our standards a bit. :uhyeah: