Why Can Jocks get girls so easy and not people in martial arts?

TallAdam85

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score

I was at my brothers high school football game last night and was sitting in my seat looking at all the girls looking at the foot ball players in ahh. I am just wondering why can't we get girls to do that for people in martial arts?

I would not mind cheerleaders would u? :eek:

lets hear what you got to say about this

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Not unless you plan to frequent open-style tournaments. You'll find plenty of gals there that drool for guys....

- Ceicei

OP
TallAdam85

TallAdam85

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Not unless you plan to frequent open-style tournaments. You'll find plenty of gals there that drool for guys....

I go to so many touraments I have meet about 4 real good girls from them but at the tourmanets i go to they have boyfriends most of the time and are mad when i beat there boyfriends, I try to go to 2 tournaments a month at least

S

superdave

Originally posted by TallAdam85

I was at my brothers high school football game last night and was sitting in my seat looking at all the girls looking at the foot ball players in ahh. I am just wondering why can't we get girls to do that for people in martial arts?

I would not mind cheerleaders would u? :eek:

lets hear what you got to say about this

Because some girls are shallow, just like some guys are shallow. Most of the girls who date the "superstar " are doing it for their image, nothing else. Just like the girls who want to date the guy with the hotrod car.

Find a girl with some substance, not just fluff. Avoid the shallow girls at all costs if you want to keep your sanity.

From a song I heard the other day.

"Girls don't like boys, girls like cars and money, boys will laugh at girls when their not funny. And these girls like these boys like these boys like these girls, the girls with the bodies like boys with Ferrari's"

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well, IMHO, it's all about a guy's personality, and if a guy has a Good Rap with the girls, and that's irrespective of wheather you're a MAist, a football player, or whatever.

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
you gotta rap to them?....should i get a Vanilla Ice CD to learn???

KennethKu

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Most people who are under the age of 25 or even 30, either do not know what kind of people they want to be or don't have the confidence to be the kind of people they want to be.

Since I am older, I have all the high schoolers' attention (where were these girls when I was in HS?), but I am ONLY a mentor/ a guidance counselor to these kids. (Funny how life sucks in its own way.)

F

FiveSwords

I think part of it, too, is that MA'ist are not in the spotlight like football players. I'm sure if you were part of a well-publicized MA team, you would get more girls. But, as an MAist, part of what makes you effective is other people not knowing. Remember: the most dangerous weapon is the one you can't see. :asian:

E

Elfan

Most of us participate in martial arts because at some point in time in our lives we fealt insecure. If we were completly secure we would likely not have sought out a martial art in the first place. Insecurity, however, is not something that most people find attractive.

J

jeffkyle

Originally posted by KennethKu

Since I am older, I have all the high schoolers' attention (where were these girls when I was in HS?), but I am ONLY a mentor/ a guidance counselor to these kids. (Funny how life sucks in its own way.)

Talk about torture! LOL! :D

R

rmcrobertson

Because being a jock is based on male display, and being a martial artist is not supposed to be.

A

Astra

Originally posted by rmcrobertson
Because being a jock is based on male display, and being a martial artist is not supposed to be.

So pounding the crap out of your opponent isn't male display? Ho hum. :)

SenseiBear

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Chicks dig Blackbelts.

Breaking and kicking @$$...

then they marry them and...

Wife's hate Blackbelts

always training, never home.

And as was mentioned before... Life does sometimes suck.

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Technopunk
BEACUSE WOMEN ARE EVIL! EVIL!

It's all about exposure. Every activity has its groupies, but football is a prominent part of mainstream society, it's in the spotlight even on a local level. More exposure means more groupies. When I was in college there were MA groupies. Not many, but they were there.:ladysman:

P

pknox

Originally posted by rmcrobertson

Have you been to any BJJ tournaments recently? ;)

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
From what I remember and still see, it's because Martial Artists aren't usually the "cool" people. What they do, if they're good, is cool, but, not them. They were the people that joined the Arts because of the Jocks. They were usually the "non- alphas". Not as big, fast, strong, and not yet "into their own".