Why Can Jocks get girls so easy and not people in martial arts?

kenposikh

Blue Belt
Reaction score
satans.barber said:
Footballers are too far away for girls to smell the sweat. Martial Artists aren't....?

:D

Ian.

:rofl: so true Ian so strue

B

bMunky

The reason why martial artist dont get girls from what I noticed is a lot fo you guys are squares/nerds/sheltered to the point of not knowing how to talk to or interact with a girl. From my experience with martial arts training theres a LOT less hood kids suprisingly. A lot of the people I've met have hard time getting to know people outside the dojo and usually got into martial arts when they were younger by there over protective parents wanting them to learn how to defend themselves. I meet so many kids like this in martial arts, there like 20 years old and you know for a fact there virgins haha. But this is where I live, and it's in the ghetto, so I can imagine how others dojos can be even more overpopulated by a bunch of sheltered kids with over protective parents, thus not getting the birds and bees talk till your 25.

evenflow1121

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
bMunky said:
The reason why martial artist dont get girls from what I noticed is a lot fo you guys are squares/nerds/sheltered to the point of not knowing how to talk to or interact with a girl. From my experience with martial arts training theres a LOT less hood kids suprisingly. A lot of the people I've met have hard time getting to know people outside the dojo and usually got into martial arts when they were younger by there over protective parents wanting them to learn how to defend themselves. I meet so many kids like this in martial arts, there like 20 years old and you know for a fact there virgins haha. But this is where I live, and it's in the ghetto, so I can imagine how others dojos can be even more overpopulated by a bunch of sheltered kids with over protective parents, thus not getting the birds and bees talk till your 25.

Sorry I have to disagree, its more of the fact that at that particular age range, and for some, and God knows especially down here in Miami, where I live on to about 25-27 or so (yeah that bad), people want individuals for shallow reasons, for their looks, for the kind of car they drive, ect. Just remember this, no matter who you are, guy or girl, looks will eventually fade away, find someone that is attractive but taps your spirit as well, and dont worry so much about those girls. I find those girls and for girls. those types of guys to offer very little. I know this is an old post, but if you are still around to read this or if anyone else out there that can relate to the OP, dont get caught up in that world, find a good person, someone with substance.

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
what is so bad/wrong about the shallow women who only want you for your good looks, nice body and MA skill?

Shouldnt we embrace the groupie??

LOL!

Ric Flair

Green Belt
Reaction score
because some girls/ladies perceive masculinity to be aligned with size and strength.

The bigger, the more muscular, the "tougher" the man the better the mate to some of them.

Some guy like Bruce Lee could be the towns most skilled fighter yet, the minute he puts on his glasses and walks around a school yard full of aggressive jocks and jerks, he would have a hard time competing with these guys for the ladies..... until he is forced to kick some butts lol.

Its all in culture too. I mean, in some Eastern cultures, people respect a man who has at least some "soft" characteristics in him (the way he walks, the way he talks, the way he presents himself with the opposite gender and even the same gender etc).

I've come across many young women in our society who are purposefully going out of their way to meet "Thug guys". Some of these "Thugs" treat their women like crap, beat them, verbally abuse them, financially use them etc etc and the women take it all in. When she gets pregnant though, everything changes lol so sad.

I find myself to be respectful for the most part to people i meet and bump on the streets, i find it hard to believe that women still find a guy with manners and respect a turn on to them.

Seems like the whole mentality of what it takes to be a man created by Western media and Hollywood has continued to take control of a lot of men and womens minds here.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Brian R. VanCise said:
I think that if you go to any major sporting event now UFC, Pride, Major BJJ Tournament's, Major Point Tournament's, K-1 etc. that you will find a lot of groupie activity going on.

Brian R. VanCise
www.instinctiveresponsetraining.com

Very true! Female UFC groupies are legion. I think the reason there aren't a lot of MA groupies is the same reason there aren't cross country groupies. It doesn't tend to draw the most popular kids in school. In high school, me & my MA buddies were the geek squad. 20 years later, we're respected (an even envied) by the "popular kids" cuz we're all still in shape.

Be who you are & don't worry about it. And yes its true....."Women weaken legs.":)

Ric Flair

Green Belt
Reaction score
IcemanSK said:
Very true! Female UFC groupies are legion. I think the reason there aren't a lot of MA groupies is the same reason there aren't cross country groupies. It doesn't tend to draw the most popular kids in school. In high school, me & my MA buddies were the geek squad. 20 years later, we're respected (an even envied) by the "popular kids" cuz we're all still in shape.

Be who you are & don't worry about it. And yes its true....."Women weaken legs.":)

Say who would you say is the most humblest fighter in the UFC. Someone who doesn't show off too much, is respectable during interviews and fights, doesn't act all macho, etc etc?

hemi

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Why Can Jocks get girls so easy and not people in martial arts?
[/B]
Well I don’t think martial arts will help or hinder. Well it might help in some ways. But at the school age most of the “Jocks” get attention, they are in the spotlight. That helps a lot, Most jocks are not small except in grey matter (did I say that) but anyway. I was too small to be a “Jock” I was not about to get on the football field with 250 -300lbs guys when I was around 140. But If you have ever been to a rodeo well there are a lot of easy on the eyes lady’s walking around and they love cowboys. Join the rodeo team at school, or learn to rope, or get into cutting. Chicks Dig horses I met so many girls going on trail rides, doing play days, at the rodeo. It sure beats getting killed on the football field.

Again just my .02

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ric Flair said:
Say who would you say is the most humblest fighter in the UFC. Someone who doesn't show off too much, is respectable during interviews and fights, doesn't act all macho, etc etc?

Randy Couture.
Will miss seeing him fight since he retired

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
huh????I dont know man Im a martial artist and I do alright with the ladies it might be the muay thai shorts though....chicks love them.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ric Flair said:
I find myself to be respectful for the most part to people i meet and bump on the streets, i find it hard to believe that women still find a guy with manners and respect a turn on to them.

It TOTALLy is a turn on. Now, where are all you guys hiding? ;)

BlackSheep

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Advice from a jock

Look the woman directly in the eyes, give her a warm smile and keep your mouth shut! That’s right, be quiet. First she will think you are a good listener, when you really have just one thing on your mind. But most importantly you won’t say something stupid that will turn her off. The times that I struck out, were the times that I talked too much.

When you do talk, be forward. Be forward right away, there is no point in beating around the bush. If the woman is turned off by your forwardness, then you haven wasted the night on her, so you can move onto the other fish in the sea. If she is the kind of women that likes forwardness, then you just hit a home run your first time up to bat, congratulations you’re a jock.

beau_safken

Black Belt
Reaction score
I never had a issue with that... A MA body while I was in HS pretty much allowed me the pick of whatever I wanted. IT was my lack of a functioning car that really screwed me... :(

evenflow1121

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
A couple of things be realistic, if you are on a date and you are uncomfortable, not nervous, but uncomfortable, they are probably not the person for you.

Dont change into something you are not just to get someone's attention, its always hard to meet the good people, but its well worth it.

As far as this goes:
Originally Posted by Ric Flair

I find myself to be respectful for the most part to people i meet and bump on the streets, i find it hard to believe that women still find a guy with manners and respect a turn on to them

I wont say I am well mannered or not, but you reminded me of something funny. My current gf freaked out on our first date when I opened the car door for her. She was like OMG, like I was from Mars or something, she liked it; but was not accustomed to it. You just brought a big smile to my face when I read that.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Try wrestling. well, if you do a grappling style, it's a great idea. Past that I couldn't tell you. I don't worry about it to much. I'm to much of a romantic. Besides, I know three chearleaders, and I don't really get along with anyone of them yet.

Sweet Brighit Bless your Blade,

John

Latest Discussions