Who Tested in Vegas for KKW.

OP
d1jinx

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
lets try this again.... if you have more to add see the new thread. if not....

please stick to this ?

Who Tested in Vegas for KKW.
Anyone who tested in Vegas at the US Open,

1). Have you recieved your certificates yet?
2). Did you pass?
3). For those who were skipping, Did you get the rank you were applying for?
4). Have you heard anything ( official ) about the test?

Probably the most frustrating thing about this has been the lack of information. Am i alone in the dark or is everyone else here too?

Thanks

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No matter how you ask nobody knows anything yet and they are being real secret about it. Why because it is USAT and they can do whatever they like to whoever they like.

KGTKD

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
1). Have you recieved your certificates yet? No
2). Did you pass? 1 (applied 1st to 3rd) no, 1 (applied 1st to 5th) yes, but got 4th
3). For those who were skipping, Did you get the rank you were applying for? no applied from 1st to 5th (long story) and got 4th
4). Have you heard anything ( official ) about the test? see below.

Howdy again,
I just spoke to USAT (an hour ago), if you are unhappy about whether or not you passed, send a formal letter to USAT TONIGHT, because David Askinas is having a meeting with KKW, to discuss the petitions of people who are arguing their results. They have a list of people who have petitioned formally and as I understand it, they are only asking about those who have formally petitioned.

Figured I would let you all know.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Howdy again,
I just spoke to USAT (an hour ago), if you are unhappy about whether or not you passed, send a formal letter to USAT TONIGHT, because David Askinas is having a meeting with KKW, to discuss the petitions of people who are arguing their results. They have a list of people who have petitioned formally and as I understand it, they are only asking about those who have formally petitioned.

Figured I would let you all know.

sorry, I know this is none of my business and I meant to jump out of this thread, but I couldn't help noticing this post.

People actually argue and dispute the results of their test, if they fail? I've never heard of such a thing. Are they ever successful? I mean, the thought of approaching the testing board or org. or Grand Master or whatever, and telling them they are wrong and I deserve the rank that they failed me on...I just never would have even considered such a move. Is this common? Is this an accepted practice?

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
...And the times they are a changing...
icon7.gif

OP
d1jinx

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
KGTKD, thankyou. Those are the type of responses i was hoping to get. From a few I have read, there definately seems to be a pattern. The more people respond, the brighter the pattern and the more clearly we can see what may be going on. A statistics thing called sampling... that was i was hoping to accomplish.

As for contacting Mr Askinas, I have. Not to complain or protest. how can I tell kukkiwon that i deserve to pass because i think so. Instead to get some answers about some legit questions I and others have. If they flat out say "it is what it is" then so be it. But noone should be kept in the dark. I trust that he will get the answers we ask eventually.

any one else test?

KGTKD

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
sorry, I know this is none of my business and I meant to jump out of this thread, but I couldn't help noticing this post.

People actually argue and dispute the results of their test, if they fail? I've never heard of such a thing. Are they ever successful? I mean, the thought of approaching the testing board or org. or Grand Master or whatever, and telling them they are wrong and I deserve the rank that they failed me on...I just never would have even considered such a move. Is this common? Is this an accepted practice?

Lol, when people pass solely because of their ethnicity, you are right, there are going to be people that are upset. When people pass without testing, people are going to be upset. People will be upset when they spend over $2000 to take a test and are told they didn't pass to a the degree they applied for because, "noone got what they tested for, they got one degree less". Unfortunately, people want to be tested fairly. I don't think that is too much to ask for, especially when they are at the core of the tenets. :) We didn't petition (although I think we'd have a case), at this point, we just want the certificate and to know what is going to happen to the extra money.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Lol, when people pass solely because of their ethnicity, you are right, there are going to be people that are upset. When people pass without testing, people are going to be upset. People will be upset when they spend over $2000 to take a test and are told they didn't pass to a the degree they applied for because, "noone got what they tested for, they got one degree less". Unfortunately, people want to be tested fairly. I don't think that is too much to ask for, especially when they are at the core of the tenets. :) We didn't petition (although I think we'd have a case), at this point, we just want the certificate and to know what is going to happen to the extra money.

It seems to me that what is taking precedence and priority is the relationship with the Org, over the relationship with one's teacher. To me, that seems backwards. One's teacher ought to be the one testing you, and ought to have the final say whether you passed or failed, because he has developed the relationship with you and knows you better than the Org. If the teacher is in good standing with the Org, then he ought to be able to get the proper certificates and whatnot, once you pass.

But it looks like people are stepping around their teacher to test (and complain and petition to) the Org. And from some of the posts here, it looks to me like this is a well-established and common practice, at least with the particular Orgs here under discussion, the KKW and the USAT. I don't have any familiarity with them, so I don't exactly get their relationship and interaction, but it just looks very strange to me.

Of course everyone wants to be tested fairly and evaluated accordingly. And everyone wants to pay whatever is the fair fee, and not be paying for something that is not delivered. But then, if you've paid $2k to test for the extra dan grade, does that entitle you to that grade? If you've paid that much money, does one feel entitled to the rank, regardless? Is it not still possible to simply fail the test, even tho you've paid so much in fees?

But then it's easy to point fingers at the Org and accuse them of simply pocketing the extra fee and arbitrarily refusing to grant the rank. If the rank was truly deserved, and they collected a fee for it, then they have an obligation to bestow it. But who makes these decisions? Who gets to decide if the test was successful or not? And who gets to challenge that decision? Does nobody else see the dysfunctional relationship inherent in this? I see a whole can of worms here, wriggling around the dollars.

I've never been involved with an organization or school that demands these kinds of fees. Nothing even remotely close. So it's quite foreign to me and I really don't understand it. Just reading this thread has given me a picture of the many problems that arise with big organizations and big fees.

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I test for 5th and passed to 5th
Still waiting for my KKW
I can wait, I'm happy!

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I take that back... I guess I really was KKW 2nd Dan (fifth AAU & USAT) applied to test for 5th dan and passed.

Soooo, I must have really kicked *** on my test!

Like I've been trying to tell everyone " I am the Man!"