Which "America" is THIS??!!

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
His options may have been limited. He might have found an improvement without obtaining an ideal situation.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
His options may have been limited. He might have found an improvement without obtaining an ideal situation.
That is a novel way to describe illegal immigration, and, btw, almost anything else.
One could say the same thing about John Wayne Gacy, etc...

JWLuiza

Black Belt
Reaction score
Actually, i would like ice prisoners, and all prisoners to have medical treatment available to them.

But here is the rub

you cannot expect all the benefits of a society when you break the rules that society has in place.

yeah, i feel bad that the guy died. However, his illegal status negates most if not all of my sympathy.

I live in texas. Illegal aliens are a blight on this state, like they are in NM, Arizona and California.

I am all out of "give a crap" when it comes to illegal aliens. And that is what this guy was.

The treatment of prisoners and illegals sheds more light on us as a nation than how we treat our own citizens. Having a system that works should seperate us from the backwards countries around the world.

5-0 Kenpo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The treatment of prisoners and illegals sheds more light on us as a nation than how we treat our own citizens. Having a system that works should seperate us from the backwards countries around the world.

And why is that?

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Horse hockey

i think of it like this:
wow, americans have it made, i want to be an law abiding american citizen, so i can lead the good life

your way leads to " wow, they treat criminals great, i think i will go there and commit the crimes I am already committing here"

to put it simply, trying to "look good" is a waste of time. When prison was a BAD place to go, guess what? less people went there

now, prison is better than some people have it on the outside, and guess what? people dont mind going.

Japanese prisons for example, are hell on earth, literally. And not many japanese comitt crimes.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's more to do with Japanese culture than anything else, TF. Oh and the fact that the Yakuza take a very dim view of amateurs treading on their bowl of rice.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:D

It is one of those inexplicable illogicalities that an established and traditional syndicate of crime can reduce crime :confused: :lol:.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
It is one of those inexplicable illogicalities that an established and traditional syndicate of crime can reduce crime :confused: :lol:.

Perhaps, although I tend to think it just makes crime a more subtle and behind-the-scenes kind of thing. Maybe there were fewer "free agent" robberies of shops in Mafia controlled neighborhoods in New York. On the other hand, EVERY ONE of those shops was on the hook for extorted "protection money." Sure, there was no violence involved...until you didn't pay. Kind of a rough choice, either way. A 100% chance of getting hit a little, or an X% chance of getting hit big.