what was the point of that?

qi-tah

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Yep... i used to ask questions about what different drills and moves were for all the time. I must have been such a pain in the ****! But last year i had an interesting breakthrough where something in one of my qi-gong forms suddenly "snapped" into place... it was like it taught me something completely new about the way my body moved and used momentum. I'd never even thought about that form in that way before and this was only 1 palm out of the 24 in the form! All of a sudden i saw a whole new way of thinking about each palm, all from one movement between two postures.
So now i think about things that i don't quite get at the moment as being puzzle pieces that i can't fit into a pattern yet. Doesn't mean that i throw away the piece, i just wait until i can see/feel a way to use it or understand it better. There is a lovely proverb that i often remind myself of: "The work will teach you how to do it"

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have always asked questions, even now! I think it's important to ask questions, to be able understand your training better and execute what you're learning more effectively. Some think you're questioning/ doubting your instructor, but that's not necessarily the case. I think it helps you and your other classmates grow a bit more by being able to open up and ask. I've even asked my instructors about asking questions. They said to never feel like you can't ask. The only dumb question, is the one you didn't ask (well, you get the idea...).

Latest Discussions