What the best strike to cause liver shock?

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Lots of ways. The most common involves twisting the neck beyond it's normal range of motion. Depending on body position, it's possible to break the neck with a knife hand or an axe kick.

Right. And you're an expert on what's necessary because...?

Here's just one example. You're unarmed. They're not. Running away isn't a viable option. Damn straight I'm willing to break their neck.

C5-6 quad. No charges filed against me. Nor would there have been if he'd died. That's why it's called self-defense.

This is ridiculous. People in the military rely on weapons. That's what they're trained for. If a soldier is forced to resort to hand to hand combat (ok, I'm not talking about a dust up in a bar...) then an awful lot of things have gone incredibly wrong.
Except in Hollywood, of course.

Here's a free clue. Military training in unarmed combat amounts to a few hours. About what you'd get from attending one of those weekend "self-defense" seminars.
Because weapons...

Which sometimes means killing or crippling the other person.

So when was the last time you were attacked by someone with a weapon who was doing their best to kill you? Explain to us all how you choked them out without being stabbed or shot.
Actually yes I have experienced it a number of times so maybe you shouldn't jump to conclusions about people and yeah I could explain but I don't want to I don't need to prove anything to some strangers on the Internet

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually yes I have experienced it a number of times so maybe you shouldn't jump to conclusions about people and yeah I could explain but I don't want to I don't need to prove anything to some strangers on the Internet
:rolleyes:
"The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and
hypocrisies and duplicates. "David Foster Wallace

"Neither irony or sarcasm is argument." Samuel Butler
rolling.gif
rolling.gif
rolling.gif

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm all seriousness though it is hard for me to explain. The one I was shown is to place right arm over their neck while your left hand is holding their arm. Place your foot on the back of their knee to knock them into a position where they are on their knees.

Then with your right arm hook around their neck just under their jaw. Here you can pull up and back using your arm and body, you can stand too. This creates a lot of pull on their neck and should make them feel like their jaw bone is going to be pulled off.

If you continue to do this it can pop the neck. I hope I described it ok, as I said I don't really know how to describe stuff like this as to well as it is easier to show visually.

Neck cranks or dropping dudes on their head.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ok. Liver shock i have seen a punch a knee and a spinning kick. All produce it.

And i have seen a guy knocked out from one.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There are people who already don't trust me when I shake their hand. If that video gets to them, I won't be able to hug people, either.
yeah you'll end up with the name "Pearl Harbor" lol

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You should never fight with the set goal of doing certain damage..your goal should be to win or defend yourself if I throw a punch thinking this will break his ribs and itll stop him then it doesn't I'd be unprepared for what to do next
So my goal of having them pick up their teeth, with broken fingers, is a little much? o_O

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OK, I have thought on this, and the best way to create liver shock, is to go out and get HEP-C, and pick fights with people.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As I recall, in my miss spent youth, I was taught a liver shock strike, and it is a gland in the armpit, that you hit with a middle knuckle strike. If you pop it, his liver will be overwhelmed with ick. There! That is my final answer. :cool:

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This is a good clip on hitting the liver with the hands.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
How do you define liver shock? What are the symptoms, and what has happened to the liver (aside from the obvious, that it was struck)? What is recovery like? Is it a lasting injury?

Recovery insainly is about ten minutes.

Latest Discussions