What nonfiction book are you currently reading?

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Wow Xue Sheng! I thought i was seeing things again as i was about to mention that i'm reading the same book. After reading the start at the tea house i visited recently, i was so impressed i bought a copy that was on sale. Never thought i'd be that receptive for the tea thing, but as i've come to see, it seems to be about the underlying implications and circumstances of being.

Once I had the chance to participate in a group ceremony done by urasenke. It was funny because i almost messed something up and everyone started freaking out simultaneously causing me to stop what i was about to do in time.

decorum est

j

Maiden_Ante

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
"Hitler's warriors - The final battles of Hitler's private bodyguard" - Charles Whiting. It's a good book, but I'd recommend reading "The Wehrmacht" by Guido Knopp first.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That sounds a fascinating read, Cory. Let us know what your opinions are on it when you've finished it.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
That sounds a fascinating read, Cory. Let us know what your opinions are on it when you've finished it.

Will do. I'm pretty excited about this one. I have no formal education in philosophy, but after reading the Wiki entry for Stoicism it sounds a lot like the mindset that I've adopted over the last few years. It has helped a great deal.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Due to the profane nature of the title, I cannot tell you the name of the book I am reading now. But, it is written by Tucker Max and is his new book. Absolutely hilarious...

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm reading Atlas Shrugged. Oh, wait, weren't we talking about non-fiction? I can't tell the difference sometimes...

Indagator

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I read "Under the Banner of Heaven" by Jon Krakauer recently, and began reading Carolyn Jessop's "Escape" but found it too much of the same thing.

I hope to obtain a copy of "One Day in My Life" by M.P. Bobby Sands soon, as well as Alexander Solsenitsin's (sp?) "Gulag Archipelago" which I intend to read in that order.

Maiden_Ante have you read any of David Irving's books? He isn't held in very high regard these days, but it can be interesting to read alternative perspectives on historical situations.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
oh em gee, I picked up a non-fic book from the bargain table:

The world in six songs by Daniel Levitin .

If I actually make it through (so far the style is engaging) I'll let you know.

I mean, the theory is intriguing how music shaped human evolution....or development...

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The Complete Joy of Home Brewing 3rd Edition by Charlie Papazian

"Relax. Don't worry. Have a homebrew."

Latest Discussions