What new features would you like to see on MartialTalk?

What new features would you like to see on MartialTalk?

• Video Files

Votes: 70 63.1%
  • Expanded Library

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • New ChatRoom Software

Votes: 27 24.3%
  • Interviews

Votes: 42 37.8%
  • Private Forums

Votes: 15 13.5%
  • Multiple attachments

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Video Games (like MAP)

Votes: 12 10.8%
  • Online Store

Votes: 32 28.8%
  • Searchable Schools Database

Votes: 38 34.2%
  • Other - Please specify

Votes: 7 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this idea would work, but I have seen it completely successfully on other forums. As Martialtalk continues to grow and diversify its location, would it be possible to begin staging some type of "get togethers" or events? I know that it is logistically very difficult and requires a lot of prep, but things designed specifically for Martial Talk members MIGHT work....who knows.

Or is this already done and I'm just half way around the world and missing it?

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We're slowly ramping up to official regional events, though there have been unofficial get togethers going on since we started. Gives me an idea though...will play with it a bit before announcing :)

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
We're slowly ramping up to official regional events, though there have been unofficial get togethers going on since we started. Gives me an idea though...will play with it a bit before announcing :)

I know alot of people get up to Buffalo, but having something a bit more regional would be ideal. I'm sure alot of the CA people would love that. I'd be interested if it were local enough (ie 5 hours or preferably less!)

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think "mini- meets" are a great idea, especially for those that can't always swing the price to go to NY (which I still plan on doing). Then again, I don't want it to detract from the meet- n- greet, either. Maybe if the "mini's" are shorter in length? One held in another area once a year? Different content? Simply a get together? What I'm getting at is: something leading up to the one in NY.

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
One feature I'd perhaps like is a better search function. This one, at least how I'm using it, is a royal pain in the hiney.

searching "martial art" seems to try and search for both words seperately. Most search functions would try to find "martial art" as a single unit.

Also, say you search "ninjutsu". You get alot of hits. Lets say you get one of these threads with 100 pages. You have no clue where in those pages ninjutsu may exist. Having some clarity in which pages contain the phrase of choice would be helpful.

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
One feature I'd perhaps like is a better search function. This one, at least how I'm using it, is a royal pain in the hiney.

searching "martial art" seems to try and search for both words seperately. Most search functions would try to find "martial art" as a single unit.

Also, say you search "ninjutsu". You get alot of hits. Lets say you get one of these threads with 100 pages. You have no clue where in those pages ninjutsu may exist. Having some clarity in which pages contain the phrase of choice would be helpful.

You know you can do the advanced search and tell it to show the post instead of the thread that shows ninjustu. That is what i do. Makes things a lot easier!

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
You know you can do the advanced search and tell it to show the post instead of the thread that shows ninjustu. That is what i do. Makes things a lot easier!

Not seen that option yet, i'll try that next time. Irregardless, I'd still like being able to search phrases.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bob one option I personally would love to see is the option of going directly to the forum page, some time from the front page to the forum may take two or three minute, not all the time but alot of the time here latelycan we have one please

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Terry,

Just save the url for the forum page to your favorites and access it from there. That is the way I do it.
icon10.gif

Latest Discussions