What is your take on Jow ?

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
When i first started Wing Chun i got bruises all up my arms and i used one called Woodlock balm from Hong Kong , it burns a little at first and the fumes will make your eyes water but i think it works pretty good .

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When i first started Wing Chun i got bruises all up my arms and i used one called Woodlock balm from Hong Kong , it burns a little at first and the fumes will make your eyes water but i think it works pretty good .

Woodlock is great on sore joints and White Flower Oil on muscles..

DaleDugas

My door is always open.
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dit Da Jow is a sticky point for many.

there are people on both sides of the coin.

Some use it and have incredible results.

Others claim they have used it and it has done nothing.

There are way too many people out there selling watered down junk that is not worthy of the name.

The proof is in the results. If it works, it works.

Being that I have been both a user as well as a brewer, feel free to ask more questions.

I have been making Injury and Iron Palm Dit Da Jow for over 15 years as well as working on my masters in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. Unlike many people out there I have both the background in Chinese Medicine and Chinese martial arts as well as Iron Palm and Iron Vest training.

Nebuchadnezzar

Blue Belt
Reaction score
......Being that I have been both a user as well as a brewer, feel free to ask more questions.

I have been making Injury and Iron Palm Dit Da Jow for over 15 years as well as working on my masters in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. Unlike many people out there I have both the background in Chinese Medicine and Chinese martial arts as well as Iron Palm and Iron Vest training.

Show off! :ultracool

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I made my dit da jow with vodka as a solvent. I use it for bruises and swelling. I find it works INCREDIBLY well for these purposes. The bruise discoloration and swelling disappear much more rapidly with jow than without. However, it doesn't necessarily diminish the pain or tenderness.

I've never tried it for conditioning.

I'm a physician, and I don't believe ANYTHING without double-blind placebo controlled studies...but I do believe in jow. It's probably time for a double blind placebo controlled study.

Almost

White Belt
Reaction score
Can't say I have ever used Jow. In my branch of Pai Lum we use stuff called Meridian. Smells like curry and works well however there are people that are allergic to it and break out in some sort of rash or claims it eats their skin. Those people use jow and I have heard nothing bad about it.

Anyone have a recipe for jow? Despite having Meridian, I would love to have something more powerful for deep bruises that I get on occasion.

Latest Discussions