How to start a fight with a Jow Ga Student.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I was looking for a couple of videos of Jow Ga schools showing their training and I came across the video. I thought it would be a good for a few chuckles because I know how Jow Ga Students Sifu's are and I can already imagine their response to this video (the response they would give to students) "Did you hit them in the mouth?" "Why not? Next time hit him in the mouth and then asking them what they think about Jow Ga."

Even though I know they are "stirring the pot," the tiger in me wants have a meeting of the fists, I mean minds lol.

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I find the pair of them and their ill-informed opinions cringeworthy.

It's like everything I dislike about martial arts conveniently packaged into 20 minute splashes of loose stool water.

It's not even worth discussing matters with someone who has already decided they know the score. No matter how wrong they are.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You may see one of these guys pop up in Martial Talk from time to time with some crazy comments even about the style that he practices. They pretty much insult all martial arts and then try to give tips on martial arts about martial arts.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The Slappable brothers are back!

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What exactly is the background of these bozos? and why does anyone pay attention to them?
The only reason I clicked on the video in the first place is because of the title "What is Jow Ga?" I thought I was going to hear a perspective of what Jow Ga is, such as "a traditional martial arts that is known for.... and uses.....". I was wrong. Sooooo wrong lol.

Not sure why anyone would ask them for advice about martial arts though. lol

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What exactly is the background of these bozos? and why does anyone pay attention to them?

They actually joined our forum, year or two ago. I think they were promoting something or other. But they posted a long video of themselves absolutely trashing their Martial Art, especially the frumbierding on the left. And he went on to say that he was still teaching kids that terrible Martial Art at his school, his teacher's school, that is.

I don't let children upset me, especially children in Martial Arts, but I've elected to make the exception in their case. Call it a guilty pleasure if you will.

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score

They are black belts in mcdojo tae kwon do apparently. They got butthurt when they realized that they were taught unpractical mcdojo tae kwon dough and instead of doing the responsible thing and cutting off ties with the sensei they dislike so much to go and learn real tae kwon do. They instead went on a crusade to trash talk and belittle anything and everything TMA related.

They went into kick boxing and bjj, and got their asses handed to them, which made them blame their TMA background instead of blame themselves or their bad sensei.

Oh and he talks **** about tae kwon do all day yet is still willing to take money from teaching the god awful tae kwon do to children. These guys prett y much seem to embody the "TMA sucks and MMA is better" and the " If it is not in UFC it is ****." Mentality.

All in all they need a slap in the face.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Call it a guilty pleasure if you will.
They should start their own YouTube Show called Martial Arts BS, where they visit martial arts schools and challenge fighters at those schools. It would make a much better show than what they are currently doing.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My guess is, right after they joined here, they probably saw a vid of Dirty Dog smashing cement to smithereens and said," Oh, crap, an adult! And he looks mean!" then ran away.

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
My guess is, right after they joined here, they probably saw a vid of Dirty Dog smashing cement to smithereens and said," Oh, crap, an adult! And he looks mean!" then ran away.

Dirty Dog and Bill Mattocks are two guys I never want to fight.

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It's like everything I dislike about martial arts conveniently packaged into 20 minute splashes of loose stool water.
There's something ... just right about that summation. Not sure what, because I don't want to think about it for too long. :D

Wait ... they teach?

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
There's something ... just right about that summation. Not sure what, because I don't want to think about it for too long. :D

Wait ... they teach?

The Indian guy does. Scary huh? He teaches Tae Kwon Do, you know, that useless style he hates so much.

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
They should start their own YouTube Show called Martial Arts BS, where they visit martial arts schools and challenge fighters at those schools. It would make a much better show than what they are currently doing.

Well yeah but then they would lose.

Azulx

Black Belt
Reaction score
They should go to every Tae Kwon Do school in their area , and spar their blackbelts and then see how useless TKD is in fighting. The video should be called" I'm Hungry: How to Properly Eat a Side Kick"