What is your new year's resolution?

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a happy new year. I will try to get to BJJ class more than 2x per week.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Get my family successfully moved to Michigan. Everything else will be bonus-round.

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Eat less junk and get back in shape. I love to exercise, it's just driving to the gym. If my husband and I can afford it, we really want to start classes together at a dojo that offers both BJJ and Hapkido.

Merry Christmas!
Robyn

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
Get back my tax refund and see my total savings in my credit union account. Use it to bust my debt down to half, and to such a rate that by sooner than this time next year I'll be 100% debt free. Get in shape to start kettlebell training. Then start kettlebell training. Take at least 3 friearms courses this year. Continue looking for foreclosure deals in NH or TX. Start becoming what it's time for me to be.

FLTKD

White Belt
Reaction score
Never to be beat again in Poomsae! ( or at least I hope......)

AriesKai

Green Belt
Reaction score
Working on my temper/anger, meditate more (don't do it enough), learn to bite my tongue more often and be nice even when something bothers me, learn to knock the chip off my shoulder, learn to be more forgiving, learn not to fall for petty arguments and other types of BS, learn to not take things so seriously/personal, learn how to apply maturity with age at ALL times, and learn to apply my strengths while working on all of my weaknesses..

That's my new years resolution.

Happy Holidays everyone!

FLTKD

White Belt
Reaction score
Working on my temper/anger, meditate more (don't do it enough), learn to bite my tongue more often and be nice even when something bothers me, learn to knock the chip off my shoulder, learn to be more forgiving, learn not to fall for petty arguments and other types of BS, learn to not take things so seriously/personal, learn how to apply maturity with age at ALL times, and learn to apply my strengths while working on all of my weaknesses..

That's my new years resolution.

Happy Holidays everyone!
Oh ya! and all of this stuff too! LOL....

AriesKai

Green Belt
Reaction score
Oh ya! and all of this stuff too! LOL....

Hahaha!
Well, thanks; at least I know I'm not the only one!
icon10.gif

ShelleyK

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I dont make resolutions, I make goals ;-)
My goal this year is to be more focused...this year was just plain crazy for me LOL!

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am going to really purge lots of stuff I pack ratted away over the years and get more organized. I have already started doing this. I also have some major upgrades I am making within my school this year. That's in the works too. Full steam ahead!

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Treat people better, as we get older, sometimes we can forget where we came from. Cutting some slack is always good. Happy New Years.

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
To be more focused this year starting with academics, finish my courses sooner as opposed to later & graduate ahead of time.

Train more often when time permits, I train in a general class setting 2-3 times a week I would like to boost it to 4 times a week.

Exercise on my own a lot more often; running, weight lifting, stretching, stance work & overall decent cardio workout even if its only 30 minutes a day.

To be a nicer person in general, better ethics, set a good example for how a Martial Artist should act or carry themselves.

To eliminate a portion of my debt, find a second job(probably part time most likely)

To fulfill my roll as a Martial Artist, good citizen, great family person & outstanding student(Academics as well as Martial Arts)

A lot of stuff to do I guess I should start earlier as opposed to later.

Happy New Year!

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My MA goals for 2010 are to be injury & illness-free, & to loose at least 20 lbs. If I can manage to do that, I'd like to test for my 4th Dan.

Lord, here my prayer.

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My MA goals for 2010 are to be injury & illness-free, & to loose at least 20 lbs. If I can manage to do that, I'd like to test for my 4th Dan.

Lord, here my prayer.

Good luck with the testing!

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well my new year goals are:

1.-Keep training at least 4 times per week.
2.-Prepare and do my second dan black belt test in TKD on july 2010.
3.-Loose some bacon, if posible 40 pounds.
4.-Keep learning Kenpo and get an orange belt.

Basically, get in shape, keep training and get my second dan black belt.

Almost nothing son't you think?

Manny

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
No New Years resolutions..... my wife says if a problem needs fixing just do it. No reason to wait until January 1 to make a half hearted ploy at doing something.

Latest Discussions