What is the most deviously clever thing you've seen someone do in Martial Arts?

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
One of my favorite martial arts youtubers is Chewjitsu. He posted this video a few days ago, where he came up with an ingenious way to get back at someone for trash-talking him. He gave him a month of free classes. And then when the guy came in for a class, he destroyed him.

This is the exact opposite situation of one of my favorite devious moves done in a movie. Bruce Lee's "the art of fighting without fighting:

What are some of the most devilishly sly moves you've seen a person pull, either to gain an advantage in a fight, or to avoid a fight entirely?

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Grabbing a weapon when you're outnumbered...

Seriously, I think it's clever. I just don't know if you folks would classify it as "martial arts" though. To me, though, martial arts encompasses even gun usage.

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
One of my favorite martial arts youtubers is Chewjitsu. He posted this video a few days ago, where he came up with an ingenious way to get back at someone for trash-talking him. He gave him a month of free classes. And then when the guy came in for a class, he destroyed him.

This is the exact opposite situation of one of my favorite devious moves done in a movie. Bruce Lee's "the art of fighting without fighting:

What are some of the most devilishly sly moves you've seen a person pull, either to gain an advantage in a fight, or to avoid a fight entirely?

That Bruce Lee clip was pretty funny.

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
indy-sword.gif

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

There is a Jackie Chan movie I think called the Big Brawl but not certain. He does a hilarious skit where he is kicking axx while acting like he is doing nothing because his father is yelling at him to not fight.

Graywalker

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I liked the scene in the Karate Kid with Jackie Chan fighting the kids, he doesn't hit them, but he uses them to beat the crap out of each other.

Hahaha...

OP
skribs

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think Jackie Chan could have his own thread. I don't know there's a more clever choreographer on the planet.
  1. His naked scene in The Accidental Spy
  2. His use of props in general. I think my favorites are the ladder (can't remember the movie), and the Russian nesting dolls in Skiptrace.
  3. His use of his opponent's clothing in the end fight scene for Who Am I?
The man is a genius.

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score

That's just your everyday armbar. What's so special about it? I won't be able to do it myself, nor do other untrained people, but it's just your everyday pro fighter armbar. And you consider it the most clever?

KOKarate

Green Belt
Reaction score
That's just your everyday armbar. What's so special about it? I won't be able to do it myself, nor do other untrained people, but it's just your everyday pro fighter armbar. And you consider it the most clever?
:rolleyes:

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Everyday armbar? Man, you gotta' take some Martial Arts.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You know I'm sitting here and I don't remember ever seeing other people fight before. I'm assuming street fight is for the fight that someone would try to get out of.

Latest Discussions