What is the Difference between Shaolin Kung Fu and Tang Soo Do?

Reaction score
Ararat hands is also called,18 loHan hands, it is the basics for shaolin, all the other forms are built on it. It's also in almost every style of kung-fu as basic training in one form or another. Tai chi was developed from cannon fist a form derived from 18 lohan hands inaccurate name for the form. The reason most don't know this is because it is a long standing tradition not to ever teach Ararat hands it's supposed to be special when a student figure's it out on there own.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were you there? Holds as much water as any other stories or theory's. Sorry you failed religious studies, and history, western civilization, mathematics, english, literature, and physics, and hydraulic sience or any science feild. All with one fatal error. Perhaps you should rethink the equation.

Sweetie, my ancestors wrote the book which in it's original language is probably a lot different from how many think it is. And as I'm bloody English, my English is the best on here. :D I can even spell 'science' and 'field'

I actually have no idea what you are chuntering about, you have a theory, well, everyone has theories but these days there's meds to cure just about everything. I will leave you to your cogitations on life, the universe and martial arts, I'm off for a nice cuppa and biccies. :yawn:

Reaction score
It's OK to have hurt feelings I understand! Why don't you look up the dark ages, and Lutheran reformation find out where the formalized education system came from and get back to me on this one. The moral of the story is when the bible happened it was free to everyone. The church stole the rights of God over time till people who wanted to know God or law had to go to the priest. They were the government. They could do whatever they wanted because of this theft of power. Starting to sound familiar with what is going on now? That is the reason we can do anything and can live in a free society. Man didn't make it up he got tired of some other guy doing it. In western civilization you learn there are 5 books that shape out culture the illead, Canterbury tails, the oddesy, the koran, and the bible. In Chinese kung-fu it's the tao te ching, yellow emperors classic, water margin, and I ching. Without the knowledge of these classics one could hardly be considered educated.

Last edited:

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ararat hands is also called,18 loHan hands, it is the basics for shaolin, all the other forms are built on it. It's also in almost every style of kung-fu as basic training in one form or another. Tai chi was developed from cannon fist a form derived from 18 lohan hands inaccurate name for the form. The reason most don't know this is because it is a long standing tradition not to ever teach Ararat hands it's supposed to be special when a student figure's it out on there own.
Nope.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's OK to have hurt feelings I understand! Why don't you look up the dark ages, and Lutheran reformation find out where the formalized education system came from and get back to me on this one.

No one has hurt feelings dearie. :rolleyes:

In my country formalised education started in Anglo-Saxon times, in Sumeria however they started a tad earlier c3500BCE.
My own university was founded in 1459CE, quite young compared to many universities.

So, why are you here?

Reaction score
Just peakin around to see how many tao I can see. I have special kung-fu to discuss with someone but until I find the sun and moon, and jonah''s fish it would be irrelevant for anyone else. If someone understand's me they will already know what I'm talking about so it's pretty much a troll for the rest of you. But to the person who knows what I'm saying it will be like finding gold.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just peakin around to see how many tao I can see. I have special kung-fu to discuss with someone but until I find the sun and moon, and jonah''s fish it would be irrelevant for anyone else. If someone understand's me they will already know what I'm talking about so it's pretty much a troll for the rest of you. But to the person who knows what I'm saying it will be like finding gold.
Doubtful, at best.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
If I were to say to you that, "I am a stranger traveling from the East, seeking that which is lost"...
Then I would reply that, "I am a stranger traveling from the West, it is I whom you seek."

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Were you there? Holds as much water as any other stories or theory's. Sorry you failed religious studies, and history, western civilization, mathematics, english, literature, and physics, and hydraulic sience or any science feild. All with one fatal error. Perhaps you should rethink the equation.
What's religion got to do with anything this is a martial art forum not bible studies

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd say, bollocks, but that's just me.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Love it when I hear rubbish like I will not teach you this answer you must find it out yourself. Well okay but what the hell am I paying 40 quid a month for if I have to teach myself this stuff lol

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

OK, now I know what Ararat hands is. However I do also know that it is highly likely that the martial art that the Chen family was doing was a Shaolin Canon fist that they combined with a couple other things to come up with Taijiquan as we know it today. However there are references to older versions that may also have technically been, or could have also been defined as a type of, or a major contributor to Taijiquan; Xiao Jiu Tian, San Shi Qi, Xian Tian Quan, Hou Tian Fa, Shi San Shi. So it is not only Ararat hands. As for Baguazhang and Xingyiquan coming from Shaolin 18 lohan, that is just not correct

Reaction score
I'm not particularly sayin but "Aliens". Joking five elements in hsing I is definitely 18 lohan, pa kua rou shu is kinda hard to do without the movement, tai chi fair lady weaves shuttle is the 4 diagonals, grasp sparrow is the four straights, which all have it in yang, I'm not saying it is all the same but would you agree the core movement is.