What is the "best" martial-art?

OP
D

DavidThomas

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Who cares, dude; if a school is affordable and the instructor is legit, what's your point? Are you the martial art inspector?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm a martial art inspector.

Rolling Rock out my nose. Steve, you dog!

David, is your point to just get kids training? And welcome to MT, by the way. (Seems to be quite the splash you've made.)

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Are you a martial art inspector?
No such thing as a Martial Art Inspector.

If a teacher can't teach in a way that the student is able to learn then, that student won't learn a thing regardless of how much information the instructor knows. This is especially true for teaching kids. Anyone that taught a child something, including their own, understands that it's not possible to teach a child the same way that you teach an adult.

OP
D

DavidThomas

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Rolling Rock out my nose. Steve, you dog!

David, is your point to just get kids training? And welcome to MT, by the way. (Seems to be quite the splash you've made.)
Nope, but the parents should be. All of your 'advice' on here so far will lead to people hating martial arts, or not practicing.

If a teacher can't teach in a way that the student is able to learn then, that student won't learn a thing regardless of how much information the instructor knows. This is especially true for teaching kids. Anyone that taught a child something, including their own, understands that it's not possible to teach a child the same way that you teach an adult.

OP
D

DavidThomas

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Dear jowgawolf, you ain't reading what I said. Period. Take care.

OP
D

DavidThomas

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If u claim to be a master, you are not.
Never in my life have I claimed to be a Master at anything. At the most I'm a student who is always learning. At the least I'm a fight instructor at my school who teaches students how to apply Jow Ga techniques

This is light sparring for me (red head gear) .

And none of my martial arts experience has anything to do with how children learn.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Never in my life have I claimed to be a Master at anything. At the most I'm a student who is always learning. At the least I'm a fight instructor at my school who teaches students how to apply Jow Ga techniques

This is light sparring for me (red head gear) .

And none of my martial arts experience has anything to do with how children learn.

Do you have any wrestling experience? If not, you may want to give it a try. You've got great timing and footwork in avoiding leg takedowns and countering your opponents. Good shooting too. My only criticism is don't leave that lead leg out so far, unless of course you're doing it to bait your opponent in.

I see a ton of guys teaching takedown defense. 99% of it is crap. Yours in quite good (with the caveat that the lead leg is left that far forward intentionally).

Oh yeah... Watch out for that wall at around :30.

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
For those who may not know: in order to cut down on the number of unnecessary posts, and make them easier to read, it's most efficient to keep quotes and response in the same post. To do so
  1. go to the first post you want to quote, then click + quote below it.
  2. go to subsequent posts and do the same thing until you've quoted all posts that you want to quote.
  3. go to the window at the bottom of the thread where you would write your post.
  4. click the "insert quotes" button, and "add these quotes."
  5. feel free to edit the quotes, but keep all QUOTE tags, with brackets, forward slash, and so on.
  6. add your response just below the quotes.
Good grief, I go to bed and wake up to quite a thread!
Oh yeah... Watch out for that wall at around :30.

Like that.

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Mate can I ask why you keep putting all these posts up can't you put it all in one post. I've seen loads of yours now and it seems like you're kind of lecturing everyone on what "the way" is any martial artist will tell you there is no one way there are many ways

Latest Discussions