what is the best martal arts?

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
greeting fighters
what is the best martal arts?
here's the answer
Sorry, I refuse to listen to anything from anyone that calls themselves "master" unless they have a split personality and one of them is a slave.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
:cowers in the shadow of the wrath of the Norse gods:

I abjectly apologise, Wielder of the Heir of Mjolnir :bows but then gets distracted by awesome red-head Valkyrie:
Due to your humbleness and humility (not to mention your fine taste in women. That is one fine Valkyrie you've got your eye on) I shall take pity on you and spare your life this time.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
I take it all back. Danny can pretty much just beat anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bloody Vikings, coming over here burning our villages and stealing the womenfolk.

Hey we need some company on our longships, the Valkyries fly back to Valhalla on their winged horses once the fighting and pillaging is over you know.
Besides, many of your women come willingly (at least Tez would :uhyeah: )

Is it me or does the man in the chair look bored?

He is just waiting for Freya`s dance

Freya-Viking-goddess.jpg

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I thought this had already been confirmed. Why are we bothering to have another thread when America-do-te has proven time and time again that it is the greatest martial art that will ever exist?
Now, wait a minute. Ameri-do-te is pretty damn good, but it can't hold a candle to magic.

verbatim

White Belt
Reaction score
Operating under the assumption that by best we mean most helpful in a self-defense setting, I can't help but feel that the answer HAS to have been designed for special forces purposes. Most modern systems contribute in small ways to defending against attack, but they are all let down by the fact that they fight within preset conditions. On the other hand, a warrior who is trained to kill others with his hands, possibly against guns and knives, has a much better chance of standing up to a street thug than an MMA champion (not that either would lose).

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Operating under the assumption that by best we mean most helpful in a self-defense setting, I can't help but feel that the answer HAS to have been designed for special forces purposes. Most modern systems contribute in small ways to defending against attack, but they are all let down by the fact that they fight within preset conditions. On the other hand, a warrior who is trained to kill others with his hands, possibly against guns and knives, has a much better chance of standing up to a street thug than an MMA champion (not that either would lose).
Not really. Military and special forces stuff isnt too detailed. Most of the time its just really simplified ways of doing things that can be done under adverse conditions. You can kill someone with your shoulder if you bash them with it enough times - Being trained to kill people is just a mentality. Interestingly, most things that are seriously dangerous are all things any moron could do without a days training in his life. Like choking you with both hands.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Interestingly, most things that are seriously dangerous are all things any moron could do without a days training in his life. Like choking you with both hands.
You'd be surprised. I think MA's take it for granted that people should be able to do things like choke others, but a tiny bit ago, I asked my roommate to choke me so I could figure something out I was working on, and he didn't know how to choke me in a way that would actually be sufficient to kill me, or at least give me trouble breathing. I asked around and found out that a lot of people cant actually choke even somewhat effectively, and I would assume that this is the case for a couple of the things 'any moron could do'. Never underestimate the power of human stupidity (or at least lack of ability to perform seemingly simple tasks)

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
You'd be surprised. I think MA's take it for granted that people should be able to do things like choke others, but a tiny bit ago, I asked my roommate to choke me so I could figure something out I was working on, and he didn't know how to choke me in a way that would actually be sufficient to kill me, or at least give me trouble breathing. I asked around and found out that a lot of people cant actually choke even somewhat effectively, and I would assume that this is the case for a couple of the things 'any moron could do'. Never underestimate the power of human stupidity (or at least lack of ability to perform seemingly simple tasks)
What kind of choke was it? Did he even try to grab your neck and press his thumbs into your throat whilst trying to drive you backward, or if you were sitting, pin you against the surface youre sitting on? Was he tightening his hold as hard as he could? Did he even try to choke you in any way?

Curlykarateka

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I don't think the question is a sensible one. Surely the best martial art is the one that fits you best

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes, and Viking Berzerker Arts is best for all. Nothing beats Tactical Warhammer!

Latest Discussions