What Google Says About Martial Arts

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It has been noticed lately that you can type in any noun, followed by 'is' or 'are' or 'was' and get a listing of the most popular Google searches using that term. I thought it would be interesting to see what people type into Google when searching for martial arts information...

$martial_arts_are.jpg
$karate_is.jpg
$kung_fu_is.jpg
$jui_jitsu_is.jpg
$ninja_is.jpg

So that's what people search for most. Wow.

Try it yourself, see what you come up with!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:lol: Given the prevalence of "such-and-such is ********" in those lists I reckon that quite a few Ameri-Do-Te students have been browsing :D

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
...Taekwondo isle of man?
What the hell has My Google been smoking.

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thats better, albeit less awesome.
Taekwondo is gay.

I see it more as proof of the average age of those who search on Google; I use it, but I'm not the demographic. The kids today basically use the term 'gay' to describe everything, from their school lunch to politics to homework. So ya, TKD is 'gay' and so is the just about everything else.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
I see it more as proof of the average age of those who search on Google; I use it, but I'm not the demographic. The kids today basically use the term 'gay' to describe everything, from their school lunch to politics to homework. So ya, TKD is 'gay' and so is the just about everything else.
Kids these days, man. :ultracool

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I hadn't thought of my BJJ friends as 'gay' but they sure as are in each other's personal space. Mmmm! I'll put it to them next time I'm on the mat with them. :wink2:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Don't put it to them while you are actively on the mat. How about after.

And the correct response is that it's not gay unless you make eye contact. :)

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
For an idea of the kinds of people out there, try..

"can ninjas "

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I hadn't thought of my BJJ friends as 'gay' but they sure as are in each other's personal space. Mmmm! I'll put it to them next time I'm on the mat with them. :wink2:

....giggity?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sooo Kenpo is a joke, garbage, great, useless and the best? A bit of conflicting information there :argue:

meanwhile Tae Kwon Doe is a joke, gay, useless and bad.
But somehow Jedis (if someone doesn't know who they are they're these dudes :jediduel:) are real (first response) so I'm not entirely sure we can trust google's search bar as a credible source

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sooo Kenpo is a joke, garbage, great, useless and the best? A bit of conflicting information there :argue:

meanwhile Tae Kwon Doe is a joke, gay, useless and bad.
But somehow Jedis (if someone doesn't know who they are they're these dudes :jediduel:) are real (first response) so I'm not entirely sure we can trust google's search bar as a credible source
Youve never seen a Jedis-Do Practitioner? Seriously? Theyre not like those willy Star Wars Characters, thats just a coincidence. Theyre descended from Kabumei, an old Japanese Martial Art from the 8th Century, with no surviving practitioners. Its former World Champion, Brian Becker, passed it on to David Jedis Kaye before He died in a horrible accident. David changed the System up a bit, and renamed it to Jedis-Do, and it has several thousand practitioners. Its found exclusively in North Korea, nowadays, and is taught to their Special Forces divisions. Learn up before You jump to conclusions, man. They do some pretty deadly stuff.

EDIT:
Heres a Documentary I found.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Discussions