What fiction book are you currently reading?

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just started "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest" the third book in the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" trilogy by Steig Larrson.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
The Last Colony. Thanks again to Cory and JKS.

Wow, you've overtaken me. Let me know how The Last Colony is. I just finished The Ghost Brigades, which was really good but not as good as Old Man's War, IMHO.

Currently reading House of Suns by Alastair Reynolds.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Wow, you've overtaken me. Let me know how The Last Colony is. I just finished The Ghost Brigades, which was really good but not as good as Old Man's War, IMHO.
I read really fast... I liked the last colony, there were some bits I could have done without and some things I really would have liked, but, all in all I've enjoyed all of these so far. I'm now reading Zoe's Tale, where we FINALLY get a (half-assed) description of what the Obin look like.
Currently reading House of Suns by Alastair Reynolds.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I read the first of the Jason Wander Orphanage series, as suggested by JKS. Very entertaining, I liked it a lot.

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The Host by Stephanie Meyer.

Halfway through....much better than expected. A story similar to Puppet Masters by Heinlein, at least in concept, but told in first person solely from the POV of the alien. S Meyer actually has the makings of a decent sci fi writer, if she can avoid the temptation to recreate Bella, Jacob and Edward in every book. (Oh wait, I spoke too soon. The main character is starting to become very Bella-like and there's a love triangle developing.) Still, it's been a good read so far and one of those hard to put down books. I wonder if S Meyer can sustain the dramatic tension until the end of the book...looking forward to it.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just finished the last of the Jason Wander books, Orphan's Triumph and started Robin Cook's new book CURE.

xJOHNx

Purple Belt
Reaction score
The dark chamber of damokles!

Post war, very dark and very sober!

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I read the first of the Jason Wander Orphanage series, as suggested by JKS. Very entertaining, I liked it a lot.

I just picked up Orphanage and Last Colony this weekend. Just finished House of Suns which was not great by Reynolds' standards, but still pretty awesome compared to everything else. If you like massive scale space opera, you should check him out.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I just picked up Orphanage and Last Colony this weekend. Just finished House of Suns which was not great by Reynolds' standards, but still pretty awesome compared to everything else. If you like massive scale space opera, you should check him out.
Picking up House of Suns tomorrow. Reading Greg Isles' Turning Angel.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just bought the latest Repairman Jack novel By The Blade by F Paul Wilson. He's kinda like Remo Williams but without the little old guy. Instead there are a lot of little old guys and old lady's popping up and offering advice. It also deals in a supernatural battle of good vs Evil.
Sean

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I just bought the latest Repairman Jack novel By The Blade by F Paul Wilson. He's kinda like Remo Williams but without the little old guy. Instead there are a lot of little old guys and old lady's popping up and offering advice. It also deals in a supernatural battle of good vs Evil.
Sean

Great series! The next one, Ground Zero, comes out in paperback next Tuesday, and the one after that, Fatal Error, comes out in hardback next month. I wish there wasn't such a long delay between the hardback and paperback releases (of the same title).

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Great series! The next one, Ground Zero, comes out in paperback next Tuesday, and the one after that, Fatal Error, comes out in hardback next month. I wish there wasn't such a long delay between the hardback and paperback releases (of the same title).
Another reason I get them from the library. I've had Fatal Error requested for months.

Latest Discussions