What fiction book are you currently reading?

sfs982000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm just about finished with Terry Pratchett's "Witches Abroad", then it's on to "Guards!, Guards!" also by Pratchett.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm about halfway through House of Suns, odd little book...

Yes, it is. A better starting point might have been Revelation Space. House of Suns is not part of that series. Reynolds deals with time on a grand scale and he defines his characters based on the technology available at the time and how society would have evolved in response to it. RS takes place in a future time that is fairly near to our own compared to the millions of years in HoS, so the characters are easier to identify with.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just started PRIVATE by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro, I expect it will be a fast paced, page turner, entertaining, and I should be done by suppertime.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Having finally finished the latest Wheel of Time offering, I am once again reading Honor Harrington ...

... yes, I know there are other books available :lol:.

Currently on "Honor Among Enemies", one of my favourites.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Shinju by Laura Joh Rowland. It's detective fiction set during feudal Japan. The main character is an investigator for the Shogun. There's an entire series of which this book is the first volume.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Shinju by Laura Joh Rowland. It's detective fiction set during feudal Japan. The main character is an investigator for the Shogun. There's an entire series of which this book is the first volume.
That sounds interesting.

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Question Sukerkin, since you are an Honor Harrington fan, have you ever read the Miles Vorkosigan books by Lois McMaster Bujold? After reading two from Weber I'm convinced that Bujold was his inspiration.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just started PRIVATE by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro, I expect it will be a fast paced, page turner, entertaining, and I should be done by suppertime.
I swear I have read the same basic story before! :mad:
A group/team of serial killers? Anyone recognize that concept?

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Question Sukerkin, since you are an Honor Harrington fan, have you ever read the Miles Vorkosigan books by Lois McMaster Bujold? After reading two from Weber I'm convinced that Bujold was his inspiration.

I haven't, girlbug, no. But I do know of them and if I recall correctly Weber does talk about her in the interview he made that you can see on YouTube.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just started Greg Iles' True Evil, I was momentarily confused by the title, but, no, Iles did not write a book about my ex wife. :D

Latest Discussions