What does martial+art teach someone?

DavidThomas

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Discipline for any age- knowing when to remove yourself from a bad situation.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hey David, before going on, how about introducing yourself and sharing a little about what you train and where you are coming from -- martial arts wise. It would help a lot in terms of breaking the ice and getting a friendly exchange going.

BTW I'm "Geezer" ...started with wrestling as a kid, then a bit of Chinese Kenpo in the 70s, then Wing Chun and Escrima. I'd like to try some BJJ but am just to busy to do justice to what I'm already training with the limited time I have. So that will have to wait.

Anyway, to get back to your OP, I think different folks come to the MA looking for different things ...so they take away different things. Not for me to judge. :)

OP
D

DavidThomas

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey David, before going on, how about introducing yourself and sharing a little about what you train and where you are coming from -- martial arts wise. It would help a lot in terms of breaking the ice and getting a friendly exchange going.

BTW I'm "Geezer" ...started with wrestling as a kid, then a bit of Chinese Kenpo in the 70s, then Wing Chun and Escrima. I'd like to try some BJJ but am just to busy to do justice to what I'm already training with the limited time I have. So that will have to wait.

Anyway, to get back to your OP, I think different folks come to the MA looking for different things ...so they take away different things. Not for me to judge. :)
Isshinryu karate, tekwondo, hapkido, aikido,

Latest Discussions