What does EPAK offer to you that other arts do not?

N

Nick Ellerton

Ok here it is! i would like to no what you see in Ed Parkers American Kenpo that is invisable in other arts! be honest! be fair! but more importantly please show respect. Enjoy!

:D

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It gives me a chance to be me with my own expression of skills. I can work on very specific parts of kenpo that I may lack or that I excel at. Kenpo has also given me a chance to really learn some true fundamentals of motion to where I can think on my feet or even better yet let my body do what is necessary in keeping an open mind.:asian:

KennethKu

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
So has JKD done for me. I don't see how that attribute (expression of one's skills) can be attributed to EPAK alone.

OP
B

Black Bear

Does ANY martial art have anything that isn't found AT ALL in any others?

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nick Ellerton
Ok here it is! i would like to no what you see in Ed Parkers American Kenpo that is invisable in other arts! be honest! be fair! but more importantly please show respect. Enjoy!

Hey Nick-
Ya know, there is an EPAK specific forum. Bet you'd get more there.
Your Brother
John

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Nick Ellerton said:

Ummm. I can't answer your question. I have never practiced any other style besides EPAK so I cannot compare.

- Ceicei

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
KennethKu said:
So has JKD done for me. I don't see how that attribute (expression of one's skills) can be attributed to EPAK alone.
EPAK has a very specific curriculuum. It has been rearranged a few times, but is still specific. There is a natural and logical progression to it. JKD may do similiar things, but there is a different method. Has JKD gone systemized? JKD and EPAK both allow the practitioner to tailor the art to themselves. Considering the relationships between Bruce Lee, Dan Inosanto and Ed Parker, Sr. there are bound to be areas of similarity and overlapping. I think EPAK gives us more tools to work with than any other art; such as the Web Of Knowledge.

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
as Mr. Farnsworth and Seig have pointed out, there are some things that stand out about EPAK. I personally enjoy learning about the concepts and theories of motion that tie into simple geometric and mathematical principles.

Latest Discussions