What do you think of the case of missing Caylee?

KELLYG

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The whole deal sounds fishy to me. The grandparents stated that they have evidence that the little girl is still alive. This was several weeks ago and still not evidence has come to light. I think that they are involved in this as well. They may not have done the child any harm but it seems that they are covering up for their daughter.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Skeletal remains don't reveal how Fla. girl died

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/missing_florida_girl
By MARK WANGRIN, Associated Press Writer Mark Wangrin, Associated Press Writer – 36 mins agoORLANDO, Fla. – Pieces of a tiny skeleton found in swampy woods can tell investigators one thing: Missing 3-year-old Caylee Anthony was killed. What they can't help explain, authorities said Friday, is how or when she died. DNA tests conducted on remains found by a utility worker last week less than a half-mile from where the child lived matched Caylee's genetic profile, a county medical examiner said. But the only clue they give about her death is that her bones didn't suffer trauma, said Orange County medical examiner Dr. Jan Garavaglia.
"Bottom line is, folks, no child should have to go through this," Orange County Sheriff Kevin Beary said.
I agree there... no child at all. But she did and question is who will pay for the loss?
So sad that this little creature had to suffer and her life was snuffed out. Hopefully they'll be able to pin it upon whomever killed her.
Garavaglia — the star of cable TV's "Dr G: Medical Examiner" — said authorities concluded Caylee was killed through DNA tests and "circumstantial evidence." But she said she was certain this was homicide, not an accident, and didn't expect further testing to reveal a specific cause.
According to Geraldo something isn't right about the investigation. Too much critical evidence has been released and at best it seems that the case could be pleaded down to manslaughter instead of first degree murder.
Something isn't right in the state of Florida.

OP
Lynne

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
MA, KellyG, and all,

Have you ever seen such a mess? Did the utility worker actually meet with police? What's up with him making three calls and no one checking out the area, or did they? A rattlesnake prevented a policeman from going into the area on August 13? (Bull.) Casey Anthony had apparently dated an Orlando policeman and he was fired in late August? Was the area under water August 11 - 13 when the utility man made his pleas? The swamping storm didn't hit until August 18 (?). Why did Cindy Anthony give investigators Casey's hairbrush when they asked for Caylee's? If Cindy Anthony did this, why isn't she in jail for obstruction of justice? There wasn't any clothing in the trashbag. Oh, yes there was. There was flesh attached to the duct tape. No, there wasn't - the remains were completely skeletonized.

What's up with the Medical Examiner declaring death by homicide? Since when do medical professionals go on feelings versus science?

The prosecution could be just as much liars as the defense. I guess we need to keep that in mind.

So, now they are running toxicology tests to try and find chloroform or other chemicals in the bone marrow and hair. It may be too late to find any chemicals. Wonder if they will find pesticide used to kill maggots?

Gee, I hope they find fingerprints and human cells on the back side of the duct tape. Then, we might have some answers.

As a juror, could you convict Casey Anthony on circumstantial evidence? What if she really didn't do it? What if she's in shock and her staidness/lies is her way of dealing with grief? What if police investigators and psychologists convinced her she committed a murder she didn't commit? That certainly can happen. Does she truly have bipolar disorder? How would bipolar disorder affect her conscience? Would she be more vulnerable to suggestion by police?

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
based purely on my intuition, she seems like a remorseless sociopath & i think she did it.

when we first saw this on the news, my wife said "she'll get a way with it because she's pretty." which may be true if pretty hard evidence doesn't connect her.

jf

OP
Lynne

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
based purely on my intuition, she seems like a remorseless sociopath & i think she did it.

when we first saw this on the news, my wife said "she'll get a way with it because she's pretty." which may be true if pretty hard evidence doesn't connect her.

jf
I believe she did it, too. If she did, let's hope the hard evidence is available.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's like the Jon Benet case on steroids. I hope they can find the lot number of the duct tape and the trash bag and/or prints or some kind of hard evidence.

And WTF IS up with the repeated calls by the utility worker? And the rattlesnake thing? I don't think I've seen a bigger cluster ****.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
agreed.

part of the problem is, this is essentially a lost child withno one advocating for her

the parents? one doesnt exist and the other is a suspect

the grand parents? they are covering for their daughter.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Indeed.
Lynne, I'll give credit to the idea that the mother is in shock because what mother wouldn't be? A heartless, selfish one. Remember that Caylee wasn't reported missing for a long time... long enough for her tiny remains to be skeletonized. Probably long enough to convince her own parents to cover for her. Long enough to think of the best excuse/alibi and long enough to come up with an insanity plea should her defense decide to go that route... which they haven't yet but the case hasn't yet gone to trial.
It's another Jon Benet alright no clear suspects and one wonders how many more will attempt at the same thing simply because they decided that they didn't want to be parents as badly as they thought they did. Cases like these are making it too awfully tempting to try it themselves.

How many more children will suffer in the months and years to come?

OP
Lynne

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Indeed.
Lynne, I'll give credit to the idea that the mother is in shock because what mother wouldn't be? A heartless, selfish one. Remember that Caylee wasn't reported missing for a long time... long enough for her tiny remains to be skeletonized. Probably long enough to convince her own parents to cover for her. Long enough to think of the best excuse/alibi and long enough to come up with an insanity plea should her defense decide to go that route... which they haven't yet but the case hasn't yet gone to trial.
It's another Jon Benet alright no clear suspects and one wonders how many more will attempt at the same thing simply because they decided that they didn't want to be parents as badly as they thought they did. Cases like these are making it too awfully tempting to try it themselves.

How many more children will suffer in the months and years to come?
The 30-day wait says it all. Any loving parent would be worrying in about a nanosecond if their child disappeared.

OP
Lynne

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Do you think the Orlando Police have bumbled severely and are trying to cover themselves?

My husband googled a view of the neighborhood and the adjacent woods. If the woods had been under 3 feet of water in August, as the police supposedly said, then the neighborhood would have been flooded and evacuated.

There is no way the wooded area was under 3 feet of water.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Do you think the Orlando Police have bumbled severely and are trying to cover themselves?

My husband googled a view of the neighborhood and the adjacent woods. If the woods had been under 3 feet of water in August, as the police supposedly said, then the neighborhood would have been flooded and evacuated.

There is no way the wooded area was under 3 feet of water.

Even so, most cadaver dogs are trained to recognize the smell of a body in water. How was the town not flooded if the wooded area (did you see it? It's like a vacant lot with trees on a corner) was under 3 feet of water??

Ima need my boots - and not for water.

AMP-RYU

Black Belt
Reaction score
Even so, most cadaver dogs are trained to recognize the smell of a body in water. How was the town not flooded if the wooded area (did you see it? It's like a vacant lot with trees on a corner) was under 3 feet of water??

I think they should publically hang the mother, she did it
icon8.gif
, they all know it. She had stuff on her computer none of us would ever imagine of looking up
icon8.gif
!

OP
Lynne

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Sure did see it. It's a small wooded area, not some expansive forest or swamp.

I cannot believe cadaver dogs did not alert. Maybe they were never there.

The cadaver dogs supposedly alerted to Caylee's playhouse in the back of the Anthony's yard. Supposedly.

OP
Lynne

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I think they should publically hang the mother, she did it
icon8.gif
, they all know it. She had stuff on her computer none of us would ever imagine of looking up
icon8.gif
!
Neck breaking, death by chloroform, missing children. And Lord knows what else.

And partying after? I'd probably be huddled in a corner somewhere dying if it were my child.

OP
Lynne

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
MA-Caver had started the thread about regarding suing good samaritans. I bet the meter reader, Mr. Kronk, is kind of rueing the day he called police about the suspicious trashbag that turned out to be Caylee's remains.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
MA-Caver had started the thread about regarding suing good Samaritans. I bet the meter reader, Mr. Kronk, is kind of ruing the day he called police about the suspicious trash bag that turned out to be Caylee's remains.
I'm not wholly sure if it's really the same thing.
Being a good Samaritan is more about seeing someone in trouble and going to help them. He spotted a trash bag that had an awful stench about it. That's something different I think.

AMP-RYU

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm not wholly sure if it's really the same thing.
Being a good Samaritan is more about seeing someone in trouble and going to help them. He spotted a trash bag that had an awful stench about it. That's something different I think.

Yeah but what do you wanna bet they drill him for hours and hours trying to blame him for the murder. Not to mention the mental pain it has to put on a person I could not amagine finding bones, more or less a childs body
icon8.gif
! But you know the mother will prolly get off just like Jonbenet's killer got off! Well that is our justice system!
icon8.gif

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yeah but what do you wanna bet they drill him for hours and hours trying to blame him for the murder. Not to mention the mental pain it has to put on a person I could not imagine finding bones, more or less a child's body
icon8.gif
! But you know the mother will prolly get off just like Jon Benet's killer got off! Well that is our justice system!
icon8.gif
I doubt that they did that...to him. Likely they did follow protocol and question him down at the station but not for hours upon hours. Even they know that a guy just finding a suspicious bag isn't likely going to be the killer.
Benet's parents got off isn't exactly correct either. Getting off implies that they went to trial and was found not guilty.
No-one has been formally charged with the girl's murder and there isn't enough proof to pin them with it. Thankfully in this country a person cannot be tried on suspicion alone... OJ not withstanding, there was enough evidence to pin the murder on him and try him for it.

seninoniwashi

Green Belt
Reaction score
The case still unravels... I wish it would move faster! Normally I’m a patient man but this is driving me nuts.

Latest Discussions