What do you eat after a nice workout.

dnovice

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'm worried I'm not eating the right meals after my workouts. I know this will eventually hurt me if I don't eat foods that commensurate with my workout. I figured I'd place this before my fellow MA's.

What kinds of meals or snacks to you guys and gals eat after a workout? and why if theres a why...

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, I do more workouts first thing in the morning. So I usually down a quick protein shake prior to the workout, then I eat my breakfast after. High protein (eggs or something), with vegetation (usually fruit), some yogurt and some green tea.

Peace,
Erik

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
MA class is from 20:30 to 22:00
Afterwards we have a drink. When I get home at 23:00 I am usually hungry and I eat a couple of sandwiches with chocolate paste. :D
I might use something else on my sandwiches (depending on what's in the fridge), but German chocolate paste (Nutella. Best in the world) is the default.

OP
dnovice

dnovice

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well, I do more workouts first thing in the morning. So I usually down a quick protein shake prior to the workout, then I eat my breakfast after. High protein (eggs or something), with vegetation (usually fruit), some yogurt and some green tea.

Peace,
Erik

Thanks Eric. very helpful.

MA class is from 20:30 to 22:00
Afterwards we have a drink. When I get home at 23:00 I am usually hungry and I eat a couple of sandwiches with chocolate paste. :D
I might use something else on my sandwiches (depending on what's in the fridge), but German chocolate paste (Nutella. Best in the world) is the default.

Hello bruno, I hear you on nutella. I have one huge container sitting on my fridge this very moment. I had some just yesterday night as a snack. Definitely the best. ;)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Whatever I can find..Usually I just wanna get home and get a hot shower and some Woodlock Oil...

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Anything that has the misfortune of getting in my way. :)

...which is why I make sure there's some fruit or nuts readily available, or leftovers from dinner. Otherwise, I would probably hurt myself eating junk.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Small countries, engine blocks, broken toys, electronics that no longer matter, the lost city of Krypton, etc.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If I have something to do after the workout, I'll grab a quick snack, such as a turkey sandwich.

Otherwise, I usually wait for about 60 minutes after a workout, before eating. At that time, I'll just eat a normal meal.

As long as you make sure you're eating a well-balanced diet, then food choice shouldn't be much of a problem here.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I make a high protien smoothie and drink it down. I get what my body needs and I lose the feeling of eating like a group of 350lbs truckers.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Whatever tastes good as long as it has a high red meat percentage along with some kind of food that my red meat would eat & a Dr Pepper to wash it down.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I make a high protien smoothie and drink it down. I get what my body needs and I lose the feeling of eating like a group of 350lbs truckers.

I eat high protein food and my body makes it into a smoothie. I'm not interested in it at that point.

I eat my peas with honey. I've done it all my life. It makes the peas taste funny, but it keeps them on my knife.

Latest Discussions