What is a good diet plan for an amateur martial artist?

jlwilliams

White Belt
Reaction score
Try keeping a notebook with you an recording what you eat, how much of it, and at what time. That will do a couple things. First, it will help you establish a base line of "what am I eating now?" I'm sure you know in general what your eating habits are, but committing it to paper makes it more clear what you are doing as opposed to what you think your doing. Second, any self sabotage will jump out at you when you look at a couple weeks of it written down (two weeks will be all you will need) You may well look at it and say "Ah HA!, there is where I need the change." Third, if you decide to go the route of consulting a nutritionist or a trainer or even a doctor, you will have something to show them that they can really work with.

For us to give diet suggestions is all well and good, but you are the one who will be making the changes to your diet. To make a change, you need to have a plan of where you are coming from, where you are going to, and how to get there. That starts with having your current diet as it really is in practice laid out before you. Spend two weeks with a little notebook in your pocket and you will have your starting point mapped out.

Then, once your on your dietary path, try the notebook again only this time write down what you spend your money on.....

BeeBrian

Orange Belt
Reaction score
FYI, folks, the OP is a girl.

Ohh...

It makes a difference, but I maintain all of what I said. Children shouldn't go on a calorie-deficit diet unless they are obese. She is a very healthy teenager for that weight, assuming she's at least 5 feet and 2 inches tall.

Ideal physique and strength, Julia Rohde and Anja Jordalen:

http://www.girlswithmuscle.com/images/full/112701375.png

http://www.vektlofting.no/SiteCollectionImages/2010/Anja Jordalen 2010_470.jpg

Jordalen has 35 pounds over Rohde yet have about equal strength. Both these woman have jerks over 225 pounds. Strong physiques.

Last edited:

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hi, I need a good high protein/carbohydrate, low fat diet. I know the basics of what my diet needs to be but I need a good plan that will give me a more exact view.

I just need to get on an intense workout and meal plan involved because I'm worried that my diet is poor. I need to eat more of the good stuff rather than the bad stuff

I don't necessarily need to lose weight but I would like to gain muscle.

I'm sorry if there is already a thread for this but I'm still new to this forum so please bare with me.

Thanks for the help!
Emilie:)

Fish is good for protein and as for your other dietary needs, fruits and salads should do it. You don't want to avoid all fat, just saturated fat. Some fat you need such as the fat in your joints and that would be non-saturated fat which you find in fish and other sources. Pasta is good for carbohydrates but it can also be fattening so I wouldn't recommend it.