What Belt Are You?

xTNVx NirVana

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
What belt are you, and what do you practice? I just became a blue-green belt, and I study Shaolin Kenpo.

OP
xTNVx NirVana

xTNVx NirVana

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Sorry, I meant to type Blue-Green belt. I just edited it.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No belt...Master Instructor in Police Defensive Tactics..

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
1st gup Taekwondo (my current art)
2nd kyu Aikido (my first art)

Various ranks in between in others arts along the way. :)

Peace,
Erik

TraditionalTKD

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Thank you. Point being, it is impolite to ask someone their rank. Their manners and way of talking and conducting themselves will speak for them. It is acceptable to ask someone how long they've practiced, and draw inferences from that. Now, if they tell you what rank they are, that's their perogative. I prefer to let people guess personally.:uhyeah:
If someone is a color belt and asks, I chalk it up to inexperience.

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have a black drawstring on my tracksuit pants. Does that count?

I don't think so. To be on the safe side, I would go out and get something shiny and ostentatious. :lol:

I keep seeing camoflage belts in the catalogs when I look for sparring gear for my daughters, and those always make me laugh. "I'm a 1st degree camoflage, thanks" :lol:

(of course, if your style actually requires a camoflage belt, then excuse my ignorance)

OP
xTNVx NirVana

xTNVx NirVana

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thank you. Point being, it is impolite to ask someone their rank. Their manners and way of talking and conducting themselves will speak for them. It is acceptable to ask someone how long they've practiced, and draw inferences from that. Now, if they tell you what rank they are, that's their perogative. I prefer to let people guess personally.:uhyeah:
I didn't think it would be rude to ask. I was just curious.

Kenpojujitsu3

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

I have never heard this before during my journey in martial arts from anyone of any style or system. Where did this come from?

To answer the initial post.
Black Belts in multiple systems all above 1st Degree.

jdinca

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well hello Mister Fancy Pants! Some of us out here are still keeping our pants shut with safety pins, and you're swaggering around with your expensive black-drawstring tracksuit bottoms!
Your back will be up against the wall come the revolution!

I say we string him up by his cute little black drawstring! It'll send a message to the rest of the bon vivants out there. Onward the revolution!!! :2pistols:

Latest Discussions