Post your Garage/Home Dojo/Gym Setup

variance

White Belt
Reaction score
I went searching for a similar thread but couldn't find one..
so I decided to start this one.

I'm interested in seeing how others have done up their training area.

If there is a thread that i missed that covers this please feel free to merge this thread with that one if the mods feel its necessary.

IMGP9528.JPG

IMGP9526.JPG

I forgot to take a pic of the other side that has my staff / stick racks.
but its not really anything special.

I've slightly updated the room since these pictures by switching out the heavy bag for a 6foot 100lb Muay Thai Bag

The wooden dummy was from a guy who has really interesting custom wooden dummies on ebay. Mine cost around 700 - 800 or so shipped. (it ships from europe)
It has two kinds of arms.. traditional and "contemporary" which are springy for I guess "live" reaction training. Seems kind of gimmicky to me but works alright. You can't really flow as well as with the traditional arms because they spring back the instant you let go and the ends are wooden and would hurt if it sprung and hit you. I use it with traditional arms usually and it excels quite well at that. It is quite well made. Padded Body and a Rubber/Latex Realistic Face.

The TKO boxing station I got from some online fitness store for 329 or so. It came with the heavy/speed and headache bags.

I plan on nicer mats and maybe a BOB trainer to finish it out if i can find one for a reasonable price.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Looks GREAT!!!!!!!

OP
V

variance

White Belt
Reaction score
Thank you so much.
Im hoping to post pics up of when I get it completed.

Does anyone else have pictures of their setup

Im curious to see what kind of training equipment
(bought/homemade) or otherwise people have / use.

IWishToLearn

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I have no pictures of my setup, but I can describe it. 2 car garage, I have all my belt charts posted above the midpoint on a rather large cross beam. We've got a striking dummy which is put up or taken down as needed, plenty of striking mitts, blocking shields, kicking pads. It does get rather crowded with more than 8 working out at a time, but it's fun anywho. It's a temporary setup until I open my school. I'm in the process of looking for a place.

RED

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Gee...that's nice. Here's mine: www.lff.com :) My garage is full of crap:flushed:

Although I do have a canvas heavy bag I tear my knuckles up on.

Latest Discussions