What are your favorite food and drinks?

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What's the diet mountain dew taste like compared to regular? I'm a big fan of the regular but need to cut down on sugar, if it taste as good or almost I think I could switch.
When I first switched, it was because I had been diagnosed with diabetes. I thought it tasted very terrible. Like learning to smoke cigarettes, it took about two weeks to start liking it. If you stick with it, it becomes sweet where it wasn't before, trust me. Then you'll like it and think it tastes just like regular Dew, and regular Dew will taste WAY too sweet. But the first time? Yuck.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
My favorite foods are all the ones I don't eat anymore for health reasons.
Peanut butter & jelly
Cake
Recces peanutbutter cups
Twinkies
Cup cakes
Carrot cake

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the diet mountain dew taste like compared to regular? I'm a big fan of the regular but need to cut down on sugar, if it taste as good or almost I think I could switch.
It's different in the same way the diet version of any drink is different. If you expect it to taste the same as the sugar version, you will be disappointed. If you're accustomed to drinking the diet version, the sugary version will taste odd.

I drink Diet Dew for the same reason Bill does. I cannot drink the sugary Dew, because it's weird. I can drink the sugary version of Fanta or Pepsi, though, because I don't drink their diet versions.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
My favorite food and drinks are usually stuff I can cook. Pancakes! Fun to make. Fun to put berries or chocolate. Never both though at same time though.

Texmex is pretty neat from time to time. I enjoy having chips and salsa. Homemade burritos with salsa sprinkled in there too. Tamales are also nice

I mostly cook stew and cornbread. Occasional chili night. Brick oven pizza is my favorite to cook. I like to think I have a somewhat variety of food I like. Though I don't know much about cultural food in general so I just stick to what I know mostly.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
But in the spirit of the thread....not sure I have a favorite food, it would be Chinese, and there is so much to choose from...but for the moment lets just say its Jianbing

Favorite drink.... tea.... not flavored tea or herbal tea just plain black and green teas
I thought red bean buns

OP
T

Tigerwarrior

Purple Belt
Reaction score
When I first switched, it was because I had been diagnosed with diabetes. I thought it tasted very terrible. Like learning to smoke cigarettes, it took about two weeks to start liking it. If you stick with it, it becomes sweet where it wasn't before, trust me. Then you'll like it and think it tastes just like regular Dew, and regular Dew will taste WAY too sweet. But the first time? Yuck.
I actually have low blood sugar, I'm 31 and I've been told that's a warning sign of type 2 when I get older. I hear alot of people who are type 2 start out like that. Soda is my only real vice. My mom and grandma had type 2. I'm trying to prevent it for myself if possible.

OP
T

Tigerwarrior

Purple Belt
Reaction score
It's different in the same way the diet version of any drink is different. If you expect it to taste the same as the sugar version, you will be disappointed. If you're accustomed to drinking the diet version, the sugary version will taste odd.

I drink Diet Dew for the same reason Bill does. I cannot drink the sugary Dew, because it's weird. I can drink the sugary version of Fanta or Pepsi, though, because I don't drink their diet versions.
I've had diet pepsi I think it's actually good. Diet Dr pepper I have to be in the mood for.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Can someone explain why you think the non-natural drink such as Coke, Pepsi, ... that contains only artificial color and artifical flavor can be any good for you?

When my daughter was in grade school, her class had a test that put larvae in

1. Coke.
2. vinegar.
3. baking soda.
4. water.

The larvae died in the Coke first. If Coke can kill larvae faster than vinegar and baking soda can, what will that do for your stomach?

Last edited:

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain why you think the non-natural drink such as Coke, Pepsi, ... that contains only artificial color and artifical flavor can be any good for you?
Tobacco is natural, but 1/3 of the people who use it die premature, ugly deaths from the various diseases it causes.

Streptomycin is not natural. How many people are alive because of it?

Kale is lauded as a superfood by some. But it's not natural; it (along with other common vegetables) were created by man from wild mustard.

Apples, in their original form, were virtually inedible.

Natural does not equal good, and man made does not equal bad.

Latest Discussions