What are you afraid of?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
An Arizona Department of Safety Officer pulled over a pick-up truck owner for a faulty taillight. When the officer approached the driver, the man behind the wheel handed the officer his driver's license, insurance card and a concealed weapon carry permit.

The officer took all the documents, looked them over and said. "Mr.
Smith, I see you have a CCP. Do you have any weapons with you?"

The driver replied, " Yes sir, I have a 357 handgun in a hip holster, a
.45 in the glove box and a .22 derringer in my boot."

The officer looked at the driver and asked, "Anything else?"

"Yes sir, I have a Mossberg 500 12 gauge and an AR-15 behind the seat."

The officer asked if the man was driving to or from a shooting range and the man said he wasn't, so the officer bent over and looked into the driver's face and said "Mr. Smith, you're carrying quite a few guns.

May I ask what you are afraid of?

Mr. Smith locked eyes with the officer and calmly answered,

"Not a ****ing thing!"

heh.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I note that the Mossberg 500 is getting quite a lot of "hurrahs" in these pages these days. Whatever happened to the Franchi Spas-12 that used to be the "go to" shotgun reference in my day?

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not my area of expertise, but in my neck of the woods it's considered heavy-duty armament. Would definitely get the attention of the local constabulary.

Skpotamus

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Isn't the SPAS-12 military grade hardware? Not exactly the kind of gun a civilian gets to keep around?

The spas 12 was a neat gun, but it was heavy, expensive and hard to find, not to mention almost impossible to find parts for, plus, kind of a niche gun for law enforcement. After their safety problem (the ones with a lever safety would sometimes fire when it was engaged), they kind of fell out of favor in my area. They quit making them in 2000.

Now, the gun is discontinued and has been for a few years (2000 I think),the benelli M3 is the current military shotgun that's SA/pump action, weighs about a pound and a half less than the spas.

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This will be my SD shotty (when if finally becomes available!):

http://www.keltecweapons.com/news/preview-kel-tec-shotgun-ksg/

KSG_3357web.jpg

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
The SPAS-12 was oversized, overweight and over complcated for a shotgun. It dies out in the US when it's import was banned.

Hudson69

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Keep it simple, Rem 870 or Mossy 500. They can be plain jane or tricked out to the max. Even the military still uses the Remington 870...:)

Skpotamus

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Keep it simple, Rem 870 or Mossy 500. They can be plain jane or tricked out to the max. Even the military still uses the Remington 870...:)

The military still issues the mossberg 590A1 along with the benelli. I didn't think the remington passed their requirements?

ATACX GYM

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
This will be my SD shotty (when if finally becomes available!):

http://www.keltecweapons.com/news/preview-kel-tec-shotgun-ksg/

KSG_3357web.jpg

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

]
My brother was telling me about this gun.I thought he was finding some bizarre way to rub it in that my Lakers got swept in the first round,as he's been taking entirely too much joy in doing as of late.Now I gotta go back and tell him he was right again...

...nah.Can't stand to give him the satisfaction twice.He'd REALLY never shut up now...

Latest Discussions