West Haven, Connecticut - checking in. New to TSD and MA.

Quercus

White Belt
Reaction score
My wife found a local TSDMGK dojang last week-- looking for a good educational and social experience for our dynamic but bookish 7 year old. (the bookish part, just like his father...)

We were impressed with what we saw, so I signed on for a year's worth of training along with both of my sons-- the other is 5. We've been in to train four times, and are all really enjoying the challenge.

Though I've read quite a bit into eastern religions, art, and philosophy, I know little about MA, apart from a long ago summer semester of T'ai C'hi Ch'uan in college, a semester I quit to go hitchhiking around New England.

I was glad to see that our humble town of West Haven is home to the world headquarters of one of the TSD associations-- I had no idea. I do think that the boys and I will really follow through on this-- it's a great experience to learn from scratch together.

Here we are:
IMG_1499-2.jpg

My brother in law has a black belt in Shudokhan, but I don't know much about the art-- he's in Fairbanks AK.

OKenpo942

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, sir. What a great journey it will be to share with your boys. I have four sons (all still very young) and cherish every minute I have with them. Enjoy your boys and your new martial endeavor!

James

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, great family picture. Hope you enjoy the site...........

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! Great you and your boys can begin together. I hope you and they continue enthusiastically. The only thing I could add is why not your wife as well?