Well 'ello

astrobiologist

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hey all! Instructor Graham Lau here.

My training began in 1988. I've trained in Tang Soo Do most of my life. I hold a 3rd dan in TSD. I teach and train at Red Lion Karate with my father, Master Gene Lau (5th dan), his wife, Instructor Amy Lau (3rd dan), and our awesome students (of which my girlfriend, Amanda Williams, is one). I'm also a 5th kyu in Nihonkai Ryu Jujutsu under Master William Buckley at Ki Karate. I've spent a lot of time studying the martial arts. I have small bits of experience with Aikido, Kenjutsu, Tae Kwon Do, Tai Chi, Qi Gong, Kickboxing, and MMA. I am a beginner in Kobujutsu under the tutelage of Master Peter Carbone, and I am learning quite a lot about technical applications and martial forms from Master Jay S. Penfil.

Beyond my MA background, I hold an Associate's Degree in Chemistry and a Bachelor's Degree in Biology. I worked for NASA last summer at the NASA Ames Academy for Space Exploration, and I'm hoping soon to attend grad school with a focus on astrobiology, molecular evolution and ecology, and planetary physics.

I'm happy to be a new member at Martial Talk and look forward to sharing a love and respect for the martial arts with you all!

Mimir

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MT!

sounds like you have quite a bit of experience to share with everyone.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT...

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome through the door, good sir. As others have said, it would seem that you have more than enough experience and intelligence to make some good contributions :tup:. I look forward to reading them.

OP
astrobiologist

astrobiologist

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Kenpofighter, I will def' check out a Senator's game for you, my friend! I don't get to Harrisburg often enough any more (it's less than an hour for me)...